Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

More pics of my 2002 g20 Sport...

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  vsamoylov 
#1 ·
Well lets get right to the money shot...

Before:

After:

Hahahah, can you guess what changed?

Okay, yeah, not much, but yay for JWT pop-charger and CARBING FTSB, forgot to get a shot of the RSTB, but hey, meh.

Now for the car shots...

See less See more
#5 ·
It's hard to see since I resized the pictures, but if you look closely you can see it, best seen in the 2nd car shot, look at the passenger side area and follow it.

#11 ·
Hahahah, yep, wonderful lip...

^_^

w00t, 3rd owner!

I'm really up in the air actually.

I love mountain and canyon running so suspension and the related is all on my mind...

I'm dying for a set of Tein coilovers, the only problem, I'm moving out to the city in a month, and I don't want to deal with those city streets on a dropped car, you know? Also thinking about the Progress or Stillen RSB, but I dealt with enough oversteer in the Altima, so another big RSB in another FWD car, plus stock height, kinda thinking that over.

But most likely, I'll be picking up some better brake pads, probably some Hawk HPS' since I keep hearing good things about them, also thinking about some KYB GR-2's, it should help stop the bounce, as well as stiffen things up a bit, but still not like a dropped car, it's just I've scraped more times than I can count in only months of owning the g20, and I'm careful, really careful, every driveway slow and at an angle, over every bump or speedbump slowly thinking I'll help extend the life of my struts, you know? But also tires, I need tires, I can't stand these Bridgestone Potenza re92's, I think I'll get myself killed out there with those one day, probably a set of BFGoodrich g-force sports or KWD2's.

I've thought about an exhaust to compliment the Pop-Charger, but I'm a little worried, since I don't like the idea of dropping a few hundred on something I may end up hating, plus I don't like too much attention. I realized the JWT Pop-Charger was kind of an impluse buy, but I do enjoy it and am going to keep it, but really, without a header, (stupid California), or cams, it's kinda a waste of money considering the gains I'd just get from the Pop-Charger and Exhaust.

But blah, I'm broke, I need to come up on some funds.

#12 ·
Hahaha, thanks again!

Def enjoyin' the bars, didn't want to say too much about them, didn't want to come off as, ha-ha, I got my Carbing bars before yoooou aalllllll~

>_>

<_<

Hahahah...

That's why I go mountain/canyon running.

#13 ·
-- gr2s, at least in the p10, are quite stiff. im on tein NRs, which are s tech springs and shocks by tein for those springs. reannas on gr2s with the same springs, but hers is much more rough.. you might look into something other than gr2s. agx maybe better

-- you can get exhaust done custom for 130 bucks for just a muffler welded on. any good shop will let you test a few mufflers out to find one that you like. for re and my cars they hacked off the stock muff, and held up others with a towel around the seam so i could hear them and ge a rough estimate of them.
130 bucks and you can find one you love ;)

#14 ·
the stock g20 exhaust supposedly flows pretty well, and many people say on the list of NA mods should be last.
Not that i'm one to take such advice, once i heard a remus full catback i needed that sound haha

#15 ·
^^ only reason would to be to balance out the sound of the popcharger.
i wanted to do mine for the same reason. getting a header made it sound like ass out the stock muffler. yes it was freeflowing, but that didnt mean it sounded good :throwup:

so you can do it now so you get sound from both ends of your car. and if you get a header-
1st be prepared for it to sound like ass
2d be prepared to have an impossible time finding the right muffler that doesnt get the ricey rap at high rpms

it took me a bunch of mufflers and adding a 3rd resonator to get the right sound
took the p10 like 7 mufflers and a glasspack to find the right sound. (i wont spoil what we ended up doing with her car to get it to sound good =))

#17 ·
Auto-tragic. It was basically, buy an automatic car, and bring it with me to the city, or buy manual car and leave it at home when I move, but get to seriously smash for a few months. I thought long term and chose the freedom in bringing the car with me so I could get around anytime I wanted. Parents were like, we'll be damned if you roll back into someone. Sigh...

I don't mind though.

I hate overly confident, cocky drivers, so I really don't want to sound like one, but, despite messing with an auto, it doesn't hold me back in terms of mountain or canyon running, there's a lot more to it than being able to have a lot more immediate power when you hit the gas, but yeah, still have that, damn I wish I had a 5-speed feeling now and again. :(

With the Hawk HPS, have you been able to tell the brake fad point? How's the cold stopping? How bad do they eat up rotors? Pad life?

#18 ·
I havent been really hard on the brakes but my commute does involve aboue a 20 min drive through the mountains. When going down the mountain the brakes held up pretty good actually considering that when they got hot there wasnt a vibration or pulsation that could be felt. About the cold though well it is just starting to get cold here so we will see but i am pretty confident that they will do fine. I been running them for about 1k and so far no problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.