Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what is the cheapest, yet effective way to get some extra kick out of an automatic G20. Any input would be appreciated.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
The same way you get power out of a manual. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm new to the whole idea of auto care and enhancements. G-forces, could you be a little more specific? I need all the help I can get. I have no idea where to start.. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
shimmy said:
I'm new to the whole idea of auto care and enhancements. G-forces, could you be a little more specific? I need all the help I can get. I have no idea where to start.. Thanks.
A great place to start is www.se-r.net - EXCELLENT RESOURCE for SR20DE powered cars!

Surf around that site for a while and you'll find many answers to your questions.

Then you could come back here with some questions you have about what you read over there.

General practice to start is make sure all normal maintenance is up to par (plugs, wires, cap, rotor), check for proper timing and/or advance your timing, POP charge intake/CAI.

Then you can look into a exhaust, header, pullies, cams, etc.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Most people get an intake and exhaust as their first performace mods. I would recomend a Hot Shot CAI and Greddy exhaust system but its all up to personal prefrence and your budget.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
shimmy said:
What he means (i'm guessing) is that it doesn't matter what type of transmission you have, more power in the engine = more kick regardless of tranny. Anything mentioned in this engine forum will apply to both 5-spd and auto G20s except for a clutch and lightened flywheel, those are the only two exceptions. hope this helps.

My suggestion - advanced timing, CAI, and header.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JUSTINP10, thanks for the clarification. What exactly does each of the things you mentioned do for the car (advanced timing, CAI, and header)?? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts