Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my HS CAI and I noticed a squeaking noise. Well besides making the hole a little bigger and lining it with rubber my mounts have gone to shit again. I have already put junkyard mounts in it almost 2 years ago. The mounts ( I thought ) where in good shape definitely better than the factory ones that I could move with my fingers all over.
Well, I know this has been asked a thousand times over. I just have a few questions. I did do a search also, but I need further assistance.

-Besides infinitipartsusa.com and Infiniti of Scottsdale and Place Racing, where else should I look for a good deal?

-Should I go OEM motor mounts or the urethane ones?

-The urethane ones need to be pressed in?

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
well... just so you know...

Going to the junkyard to get motor mounts was totally taking a pot luck chance and you were really fortunate to get 2 years out of them!

...the Passanger side motor mount has been improved from the older design (93.5 and earlier) and is much less likely to break.

My dealer told me that although they have replaced many pairs of motor mounts on older P10 G20s, they have yet to replace the redesigned ones.

I have recently replaced mine with the redesigned factory ones. I could see the difference between the new and old design and it makes sense that it will work better.

So I would recommend going factory new this time!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: well... just so you know...

Chris said:
Going to the junkyard to get motor mounts was totally taking a pot luck chance and you were really fortunate to get 2 years out of them!

...the Passanger side motor mount has been improved from the older design (93.5 and earlier) and is much less likely to break.

My dealer told me that although they have replaced many pairs of motor mounts on older P10 G20s, they have yet to replace the redesigned ones.

I have recently replaced mine with the redesigned factory ones. I could see the difference between the new and old design and it makes sense that it will work better.

So I would recommend going factory new this time!

Yea I went really out on a limb on getting those. They worked great like you said but, I guess I will have to go factory, and fork out the money.
I'm going to call Infiniti of Scottsdale and see also that other site infintiparts.com

Thanks =)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Infinitiparts.com is WAY over priced! Infiniti of Scottsdale is much better. They are now my one stop shop for stock parts!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
240ztt said:

-Should I go OEM motor mounts or the urethane ones?

-The urethane ones need to be pressed in?
- OEM has been redesigned as stated.
- There are no motor mount inserts available for the G20
- Place Racing just released their performance motor mounts
(Search the forum - another thread on this!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts