Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Motor mounts ...what are my aftermarket options?

4K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  Alkttrio 
#1 ·
I'm in need of some motor mounts for my 95 p10. So i've been looking around and seen a few like the JGY replacements(which look like stock ones painted blue???) and another set sold on here but haven't heard of them in comparison to each other... so before i buy im interested in what some of you have experienced.. any opnions are appreciated.

#2 ·
#3 ·
Those innovate ones sound worth while except for i need these a little sooner then that.. idk how long its gonna take for 24 other people to need mounts n order them there.. and oem is way to soft for any type of competitive driving imo.. i thing im just going to pour my own mounts like i've done with my eg's if i dont find a solution that is better or more cost worthy some time soon.

#8 ·
^ I'm with him. We used Window Weld on all 4 mounts. Solid like a rock, but still allows & absorbs some motion, so that they won't stress/fatigue other critical parts. If you do solid mounts out of solid urethane or aluminum, other parts will eventually stress out/fatigue from the forces. I would only run solid mounts on a glass smooth race track.

#9 ·
^Hes talking about my P10 with window weld mounts. Its a good cheap rout to go if u just need a quick fill in your mounts. But honestly.....they will give out pretty fast. My window weld mounts are already cracking up a bit and i just filled them not long ago, maybe like 4 months ago (but maybe thats because i abuse my car lol). I rather just get something solid with no air bubbles in them so it will last longer.
Just go with these (http://g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77657). I promise you wont be disappointed in them once u get them.

#11 ·
^well if u use pliers to pull out some dead rubber out of your mounts u will need about 2 tubes of window weld. Honestly.......it took almost a week for it to dry up. But thats because i pulled out a lot of rubber that wasnt holding the motor in place out of the mounts. I recommend one week. Some people say 24hrs but thats if u just fill the gaps.

I dont have a link to it but u can find it at autozone or pepboys for about $15 bucks. Its called 3M Window weld. It should be a white tube. Oh and u need a good caulking gun to squeeze it out into the mounts.

#14 ·
^ It'll be fine. Yeah. That one mount is cracking, but it's still good. It's not going to go anywhere. They will eventually crack up, but they're not going to give way. I would do Window Weld. Nothing else, unless my car was on a glass smooth race track like I already mentioned. I rather waste mounts, than waste critical engine connections.

#17 ·
Hit up gspec for some prothanes. Get a p11 crossmember with the mounts and press those out. You need to trim about a 1/4 inch per mount as far as I recall. Or you could just replace the rear mount with a prothane and put a hockey puck on the front, but that would be hacked IMO. I got a turbo p10 and I get no movement with just the front and rear prothane mounts. No vibration because of the oem passenger and driver mounts. www.gspec.com .I believe the prothane part # is 14-501.

#18 ·
prothane mounts work well, but you do get some vibes. i don't think it is too bad though. not too hard to cut down the sentra mount to fit the front of the p10, i did it and it fit perfectly with basic measuring. also have to cut the metal insert tube a bit...

#19 ·
Window welds is not the best option. it's the cheapest, but it does wear out faster then a full Poly mount.

also, 4 poly mount will cause some vibration. I perfer the front and rear to have the poly mounts and run the stock top engine and trans mount for a street car.

also, I'm working on finding a Prothane mount that does not requires modding to fit into the P11.

#20 ·
well keep up the good work, I would love to get involved in the G20 group buy, but I cant afford to have my money sitting out there for god knows how long, and I only need the front and rear mount, not all 4.

Are there ANY prothane or other poly mounts right now for the P11, that do not require modification? Or does nobody make them for the P11 yet? I just want the front and rear.

#24 ·
well if i can get my hands on some mounts i'll can press out the oem rubber n poly them. i'll try to get a spare set n do it n see how it feels. if its anything like i've done before there will be vibration. but i dont mind that, maybe some 60a side will take care of some of that. we'll see.

#25 ·
I left my stock rubbers in and filled around them. I used shore 87 iirc, not 60. depends on the power u looking at tho. if I had to do it again... I'd probably just press in the rear crossmember with the es insert, and shore 60 the rest no matter what power I was putting down. The does vibration does occur, but its not that bad at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.