Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my HS CAI and I noticed a squeaking noise. Well besides making the hole a little bigger and lining it with rubber my mounts have gone to shit again. I have already put junkyard mounts in it almost 2 years ago. The mounts ( I thought ) where in good shape definitely better than the factory ones that I could move with my fingers all over.
Well, I know this has been asked a thousand times over. I just have a few questions. I did do a search also, but I need further assistance.

-Besides infinitipartsusa.com and Infiniti of Scottsdale and Place Racing, where else should I look for a good deal?

-Should I go OEM motor mounts or the urethane ones?

-The urethane ones need to be pressed in?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
They don't make aftermarket mounts for G20's yet. You'll have to make custom urethane mounts or fill your mounts if you want harder motor mounts. To get the best results I'd recommend going with a set of new OEM mounts and filling them with 3M's Windo weld fast drying urethane.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
13,208 Posts
huh?

I just replied to this but it didn't take.. oh well.. here we go again..

maybe I'm experiencing dajavu (I can't spell) and there are 2 posts about motor mounts around..

Anyway... I'll say it again...

The motor mounts for the p10 were redesigned right around 94-95 if I remember correctly.

My dealer has told me that although they have replaced many motor mounts on older P10s, they have yet to replace the redesigned one!

..so the factory p10 passanger motor mount is redesigned and better now!

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
The FSM doesn't list and differences between 94 and 95, so if there was a change it was prior to 94. Also, the later model ones (if there was a change) still suck. I've worn out mounts on a 94 G20 (my old car) and also in my 95 G20 (current car). The 94 was an auto, so it only had 3 mounts, however I believe they are still the same mounts as in the 5-spd, it's just missing the front (by the radiator) mount. With a 5-spd, even with the 4 mounts they still suck. :-\

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
It really depends on your driving style and car. I'm sure if i tried I could wear out a set of mounts in a couple months, but that'd also be VERY hard on the rest of my car too. Normal driving they could last a couple years or more....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JustinP10 said:
They don't make aftermarket mounts for G20's yet. You'll have to make custom urethane mounts or fill your mounts if you want harder motor mounts. To get the best results I'd recommend going with a set of new OEM mounts and filling them with 3M's Windo weld fast drying urethane.

Hope this helps

Thanks. Where would you pick up a tube of that 3M stuff. Advanced Auto is to far from me. Doesn't Napa, Pep Boys or some place like that carry it?

To get the best results I'd recommend going with a set of new OEM mounts

I guess I will have to take the plunge.. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: huh?

Chris said:
I just replied to this but it didn't take.. oh well.. here we go again..

maybe I'm experiencing dajavu (I can't spell) and there are 2 posts about motor mounts around..

Anyway... I'll say it again...

The motor mounts for the p10 were redesigned right around 94-95 if I remember correctly.

My dealer has told me that although they have replaced many motor mounts on older P10s, they have yet to replace the redesigned one!

..so the factory p10 passanger motor mount is redesigned and better now!

Yea I posted on the Maintenance Forum, I didn't know what would be the best place so I tried both.

Talking to other people, the junkyard mounts where a smart move at the time but I will have go with factory OEM mounts now.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: bummer...

Chris said:
So I guess that means my newly replaced ones will have to be replaced again at some point... how many miles did they last you after getting them replaced anyway?

Under 30K. These mounts where from a wrecked G20 but the condition was great. I'm not sure what year it was.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: huh?

Chris said:
..so the factory p10 passanger motor mount is redesigned and better now! [/B]

So only the passenger side was redesigned not all 3 (in my case an automatic)??

·
Registered
13,208 Posts
yes...

I was told only the passanger side one was redesigned.. BUT I was also told that by driving around on an old broken one, it caused more stress on the other 2 thus making them break prematurely too!

I was told they typically shouldn't need to be replaced (all 3) unless you drive around with other's beyond where you are supposed to..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: yes...

Chris said:
I was told only the passanger side one was redesigned.. BUT I was also told that by driving around on an old broken one, it caused more stress on the other 2 thus making them break prematurely too!

I was told they typically shouldn't need to be replaced (all 3) unless you drive around with other's beyond where you are supposed to..

Yea unfortunetly thats what I plan on doing. Since the big mixup with my calipers the car is still on jackstands. I think I'll order them all today.

Ouch:*(

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I went to an automotive body shop/paint supply place to pick up the 3M stuff. I want to say it was about $15 a tube? I just went to the 3m website, found the suppliers/dealers section and started calling around until I found a place that carried it.
You can fill old mounts, you just get better results with new mounts.
As far as telling if your mounts are dead, it's tough to tell how far gone they are until you put good mounts in, then it's a night and day difference.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JustinP10 said:
I went to an automotive body shop/paint supply place to pick up the 3M stuff. I want to say it was about $15 a tube? I just went to the 3m website, found the suppliers/dealers section and started calling around until I found a place that carried it.
You can fill old mounts, you just get better results with new mounts.
As far as telling if your mounts are dead, it's tough to tell how far gone they are until you put good mounts in, then it's a night and day difference.
Hope this helps.

Thanks Justin,
I'll try and locate it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts