Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my plan. I'm want to hook up my mp3 phone to my stock bose unit. I decided to go with the stargate auxniss and hook it up through my cd changer port. I have a cingular sync a707. Before I pick up all the necassary parts does anyone see any problems with this. I am going to need the auxniss, then rca to 3.5mm cables, as well as a 3.5mm to sync adapter. If this all works I have one question. Any one have any ideas what would happen when I got a phone call? Would the call come through the speakers? Wonder if the microphone on the phone would still be active? Thoughts and oppinions please.

·
Registered
796 Posts
When you are listening to music with normal headphones do your calls come through as normal? AFAIK most phones dont use normal headphne jacks because the microphone is supposed to be present (So if you do get a call you can talk normally, since most phones disable the internal mic). Or at least that is how my treo works.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
well I got an Ipaq 6315 the way is works it has input for normal headphones, but if the headphones don't have a built in mike, then the internal mike still works. just letting you know, depends on the phone.

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the mic gets disabled when you plug in regular headphones using an adapter. Thats what I read somewhere. It doesn't matter though, if I get a call I will just unhook the wire and use the phone like normal. I really just want this so I can rid my car of all the dam cd's. I have a bunch that skip and since the stock radio doesn't play mp3 cd's I'm switching discs all the time. Figured the mp3 player would be a little better. I am going to order all the parts next week. I was trying to find a place to buy everything at once but no place carries all three parts that I need. I will update this as to how it worked out and sound quality when I do it.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
well I got an alpine headunit and I'll be using an Mbus adapter to connect via the cd changer.... should work fine I guess

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Holy hell everyone and their mother is sold out of these things. Found it at one place but for $130 not including shipping! It's either a really hot item or they made like 2 of them total! Starting to get a little frustrated!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I just ordered a few parts for my cellphone - the new LG VX-8600 that should hopefully allow me to play the MP3's through the headunit as well as answer calls and do all that good stuff. If I can get what's in my head to work IRL, I'll give you guys a quick writeup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.