Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
no offesnse do some shopping around and read some posts on here of what setups other people are running.....do it right the first time go for quality...go for remus if you got the money...

·
Registered
5,889 Posts

i have same exact one its def cheap and when u get it it looks pretty but is thin metal .

mine has no dings or nothing & i had it for a couple of months now .. and it still sounds the same has a good low growl ... no stupid sound...

but be ready to adjust from being stock quiet to this growl.

me i have the money but just did not feel like paying all that at the time so i tried it.

the last thing i gotta say about this is when i bought it i figured i'll try it if its no good it was so cheap no worries anyway and get another good one.

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
No offence either, but you do get what you pay for. But hey, for about $40US shipped + the $$ to get welded in place, it does sound tempting. However just a quick heads up, I can say with almost 100% certainty that the length of 23" given is the overall length, including the tips and possible the inlet pipe as well. This is one area that I considered when sourcing a muffler. I wanted to get one with a can size that is as close to or equivalent to to OEM one. And from what I have found, there are very few if any aftermarket/universal ones that come close. The only one that I can say that comes close is the Remus bolt-on. It's can size alone is 17" x 6.25" x 11.5". The tips are another 6.75" long and the inlet pipe is another 7" long (linear measurement). But then again it's a $550+ muffler. However there are cheaper universal Remus mufflers you can get and they sound great as well.

From what I've been told, if it's a quiet muffler you want, then make sure to go won with the biggest can size. Simple, the smaller the can, the less 'muffling' it will do.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
ty i installed it myself so i think total price of everything for me was like 45 dollars took me about 2 hours on a lift to get it on i could of done it faster but i wanted to weld a connector pipe that does not hang low since i knew i was going to lower it.

if i was you the most i would pay someone to do it is prob $50.

and yes this pipe is way smaller then the stock can, when i pulled out the stock can i was amazed at how huge it was..

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
i kept the stock hangers and welded and hanger peice directly to the pipe and to the stock hanger location..

i cut the pipe after the cat...

the adapter i bought it from autozone for like 3 dollars just a pipe withe the right angle from my cut.

i will take pics under later its easier tos show u.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
i've considered buying this same muffler, since it's so damn cheap, and i hate the stock dual straw tips that point down. i wanna peep more pics too.

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
I had one like this when I was still in Venezuela. The car was pretty loud with it, too much for me, especially when I also installed a HSH header. So I changed it for the Remus (in 2002), had the latter ever since....
Still, it sits nice on your car, Casual..

·
Dude, your bed is a car..
4,567 Posts
I want to see the clip of this... :)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts