Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o.k. I figured I've been here long enough to finally be honest about my car nut status and post that yes, indeed, I do own 2 other cars besides my G20... I never wanted to say anything before because I'm not the type to try to do the whole "but look what I have" thing but the pure honesty of it is that I am beyond the normal car person...... It took me 15 years to save for my Porsche because I wanted one since I was 4 years old... boy was it fun to walk into the Porsche dealer with cash (so-to-speak, cashiers check anyway) under age 30 and buy a brand new 911.. and then I got pretty frugal with my job and didn't do other money rich things like go out a lot and was able to get my SC430... then got a home equity loan and got the G20.. so I consider myself pretty lucky.. I am able to drive what I love.. and have been able to get what I wanted (to a point anyway).... but life is full of choices... I am not married, have no children.. and live in a townhome (not my own house).... so that I can afford my passion for fine automobiles!! --g20 included!!!

....O.k. I've said my peace... and I'll shut up now...

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only car nut out here in this board!

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
um, no....

I'll give you a ride but NO ONE but me drives my cars... I worked long and hard to earn enough to buy those cars and I am very picky (say ANAL) about them and I am the only driver... I have been known to give rides though!!! ..but most autocross and track events don't allow passangers...

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm the same way. The dealer has to pry the keys from my fingers so that their monkey can drive my baby into the garage. This one couldn't even drive a stick! After that I found one that I trusted and he is the only one allowed to drive it. I give free rides, though to family members and cute girls! =)

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured a fellow car enthusiast could understand!

My former Scirocco had a racing clutch and short shift kit in it... ANYONE who attempted to drive it at the dealer would stall it... I ended up getting special permission to drive it right onto the lift and out again because I cringed so much when they ground my gears and/or stalled my car all the time...

:-\

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Boy would my coworker be jealous. He has a 2001 Audi A4 1.8t and his wife has a 1999 G20 and a $200,000 + home and he always dreams about a Porshe and how he's wanted one since he was around the same age as you were. Too bad both him and I are over the 30 something... :lol: and he is married and he owns a house, etc. Hehehe!

Anyhow, you confused me here. First you said
Chris said:
then got a home equity loan and got the G20.. so I consider myself pretty lucky..
Then you said
Chris said:
but life is full of choices... I am not married, have no children.. and live in a townhome (not my own house).... so that I can afford my passion for fine automobiles!! --g20 included!!!
How'd you get a equity loan on a townhouse that is not yours. Completely baffled me there!

:confused:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Wow, that's a nice setup Chris.

Myself, I have 5 cars, one being my wifes. I have my G20, my Civic, a 1986 Nissan Pickup, and a 1973 Porsche 911T. The prosche was my dads, which he bought brand new. So I am glad to have bought that from him. Too bad I dont have room at my place to keep all of them. :(

But the G20 and the Civic are my daily drivers.

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
er.

I meant that I own a townhome but not a house.. homes are more expensive... sorry to confuse you guys...

BUT today I find out I may get laid off... not fun! ...the 1st car to go would be my G20 if I don't find another position soon... but I'll bounce back somehow.. this would be my 3rd layoff.. the joys of my industry I guess...

·
Registered
306 Posts
fellow car nut...

Another car nut here but without the funds to buy my "dream" cars.
Cars I've owned: 64 Corvair, 75 VW Golf, 73 Saab 99, 71 Saab 99, 71 BMW 2002, 74 BMW 1802, 80 Saab 900 Turbo, 74 VW Super Beetle, 82 Toyota Corolla, 85 Toyota Cressida, 82 Toyota Celica Supra, 88 Dodge Caravan, 89 Mazda MPV, 82 Toyota Cressida SW, 83 Toyota Corolla, 85 Honda Civic, 82 Toyota Corolla SW, 95 Honda Odyssey, 88 Acura Integra and finally, 95 Infiniti G20 Touring.
Dream cars: Honda S2000, Mazda Miata M-edition, BMW M5 or M3, '02 Nissan Altima 3.5 5 speed, etc. Eventually, I may own a few of these but I always buy used so it may be several years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts