Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new here, but i have some questions, i got my G20 a month or two ago, been trying to think of mods to do to it. so far just exhaust, short throw shifter, some other small things but im curious of some other modification ideas you guys have. let me know about anything youthink is worth doing to a g20 also any good engines to swap? im rocking the 2.0L (pretty sure its 2.0L) manual version, its got 300k on it so i kinda want to invest in something better.. and faster. also i cant seem to find any kind of camber kits online for my car, ive already got coilovers but just looking for some camber so itll look nice! since im new to this site im not sure how things work, but if you could somehow message me or comment thatd be a big help! and links appreciated for the mods:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey! I'm pretty new myself but I've found theres a couple of options to swap engines but you have to do really hard research on it but it's all available here. I swapped a jdm SR20DE Roller Rocker in mine because my first engine blew. Didn't cost much and I recommend Soken Engines if you want to go that route. They gave me quotes for everything and really helped me get back on the road fast. Their engines have warranties on them and only have around 30k miles. I only have coilovers on mine myself so I can't help too much for camber. But others will be here to help.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
If you have a 99 then motor swaps are common and easy. You can do the SR20VE, SR20DET and most of their variations. If you are really willing to go crazy, a few people have done VQ (V6 motor) swaps as well.

The suspension design of these cars does now allow for a lot of camber adjustment. The only option you have are Cusco Upper Arms for the front. They are not adjustable, but I believe will give you close to 2 degrees of negative camber.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! do you know if i do a swap to one of those motor am i able to keep the stock transmission in the car? ill deffinitly check out those upper arms

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
With the exception of the V6 transplant, yes your stock transmission will bolt to any VE or DET motor.

I also just noticed this post is in the completely wrong forum lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also,i have coilovers and im going to lowe my car on them soon, i believe i have 15inch tires right now .. Stock ones. Im looking at some 17" tires and in curous if you think they would fit. Or should i stick with smaller tires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts