Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a daily driver so I can get my life on the road no pun intended. She worked like a beast but one day a month back I turned it on drove 2 blocks away and the clutch went and the rpms skyrocketed. I pushed the car home and tried to shift into gears (reverse included) no luck whatsoever. I can move the shifter into all gears (again rev. included) whether she’s off or on and I don’t have to step on the clutch. It won’t shift tho. It’s like it’s in neutral no matter what. Idk I’m gonna lose my job if I don’t get it workin soon the bus rides to work take up too much of my day (4.5 hrs) and the Lyft and Uber rides are $30 min. to get to work or back that bites a mean chunk out of my pockets. NEED HELP IMMEDIATELY. I work 7-4pm est get home by 6 this is my last resort before I go crazy buying things.

·
Registered
544 Posts
. . . and tried to shift into gears (reverse included) no luck whatsoever. I can move the shifter into all gears (again rev. included) whether she’s off or on and I don’t have to step on the clutch. It won’t shift tho.
Verify that the clutch cable hasn't come gotten restricted somehow. Mine was loose at the clutch and had excessive slack in it (which I was able to twist to re-tighten it). There is also a "wedge clamp" that secures the cable to the engine bay by the firewall. The cable can become unfastened there, too.

What you say is kind of confusing because first you said you were UNABLE to shift gears (when attempting to shift using the clutch). Then, you said you are actually ABLE to switch gears when you don't depress the clutch. It's like pressing the clutch is having the opposite effect on your ability to engage the transmission to change gears.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Verify that the clutch cable hasn't come gotten restricted somehow. Mine was loose at the clutch and had excessive slack in it (which I was able to twist to re-tighten it). There is also a "wedge clamp" that secures the cable to the engine bay by the firewall. The cable can become unfastened there, too.

What you say is kind of confusing because first you said you were UNABLE to shift gears (when attempting to shift using the clutch). Then, you said you are actually ABLE to switch gears when you don't depress the clutch. It's like pressing the clutch is having the opposite effect on your ability to engage the transmission to change gears.
By that I meant that the car won’t physically shift but the knob is able to go through the gears but it doesn’t do anything to the vehicle’s gears. Sorry for the misunderstanding I’m a first time owner. I’m trying to make sense of this situation. Thank you for your help I’ll check it tomorrow and give the details.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts