Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I noticed that my antenna doesnt always go down when I turn off the radio.... this happens in like 1 out of every 20-30 tries.... Is there a lubricant of some sort to remedy this?

For the time being I just been pushing the power antenna all the way down into the body of the car...

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've used lock ease - the graphite based lock lubricant in the blue aerosol can. Still with real cold weather it will occasionally get stuck partially up or down - depending on your perspective.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys

·
Registered
284 Posts
Is ice or anything freezing on it? Mine gets stuck when I've been driving through the freezing fog we've had lately. I have to get out and break the ice off before I turn off the radio or the car. Stupid winter...

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Mud seems to get stuck on the mast when it is down after a rain. The mud on the different segments can clog the movement and set off an audible strain on the antenna motor.

I have to remember to clean the antenna more often when I wash the car...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
This just happened on my Saab. Turn the radio on and extend the antenna. Spray some oil on a rag and clean off the antenna real good. Then oil the antenna. I use engine oil (clean of course). Put some on your fingers and wet the antenna with the oil. Run the antenna back in and wipe up the excess oil. Works every time.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Mud seems to get stuck on the mast when it is down after a rain. The mud on the different segments can clog the movement and set off an audible strain on the antenna motor.
It has been years. But lack of cleaning the antenna finally got me. I am going to have to replace the mast and hopefully not the motor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts