Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man.... I know you all are probably gonna bash me for this!!!
But I was kinna bummed I bought a G20 at first! I had a vision of what my car could be...but the time and the patience invloved is tough to wait out!! Anyways... I finally got the basic done! and I cant believe the smile I got!! I am So happy to drive my car NOW!!! Ok..list of modes so far!
HS CAI (only half installed due to lazyness) So its like havin the pop charger...I'll do the other half this weekend.
HS header... Looks good when you pop the hood! Imma machine polish my V- Cover real soon
Anyone do that yet??? Not chrome, but polished to high gloss
Greddy Exh...
Pace setter short shifter...
Rear sway bar, and front strut bar.....

Car sounds so good!! not raspy or that ugly honda crap sound, but really deep and powerful... And corners like crazy!!!
Now its FUN jsut to switch lanes!
Finally got to drop it too!! GC-Coil-Overs...if anyone is thinkin about gettin GC-Coils overs DONT!!!!!
Spend the extra money to get Teins ot JIC's...
Wish I could go back??? Now I gotta save up!!

Ride is a little tough...but its low...
and the dope part is I have 18's, NO rubbin at all!!!!!!
Gun metal with machine polished lip! On the titanium silver and black and grey interior...Rims look I'll!!
So now that the car has gained some flavor!! Im hyped!!
I cant wait to get the photos UP!!!!
I already order CF-Hood ( still not in???)...and My Black Widow front is already here!! I just gotta pick it up!!
Oh yeah..I put on the Light brows too... I didnt paint them yet...So they are just flat plastic black!
But once I get the hood...I'll decide weather to paint them Black or Silver!
Gonna do the grill black this weekend too...

SO my car is coming alive!!! Just had to let yall know!!

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Great man, lets get some pics up. ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YO... G

What do you think of the JWT cams???
Do you have them???

And Im excited to hear what you guys think, when I get teh pics..
I think you guys have the best eyes!!
Its hard to judge your own car! Cause it YOURS...so its hard to be tough on it, ya know???

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Re: YO... G

kiddragon said:
What do you think of the JWT cams???
Do you have them???
Says so in my sig don't it? ;)

Yeah I got 'em....love 'em! The roller rockers one that you need are supposed to work really well.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Where did you get a front strut bar? I thought they had some problems fitting one on the 2k+ models.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OH???

Sorry G, didnt even bother to look down there!!
Ok...So you got em, and love um???
I think thats enough for me!! Im SOLD!! HAHA!!!

But I got the stillen Strut bar! Fits perfect! Just cost way to MUCH!!!
I dont think its worth the money! I really dont see the diff, just looks good under the hood...Plus its got red writin on it...and it matches the flow of my engine

ANYONE POLISH their V-Cover???

·
Registered
138 Posts
glad to see that you're liking your car more :) anyways...i hand polished a VC before in my old sentra...pain in the ass but well worth it. it took me a couple days to get it the way i wanted it. but heres the basic run down on polishing your valve cover...

MATERIALS:
tape (electric)
newpaper
sand paper (lots of it) various grits needed (from coarse to fine) preferably the wet/dry kind
sanding sponge looking thingy for an even finer grit
wire brush
hand held sanding thingymabobber (electric or manual lol makes it a little easier)
water
metal polish
terry towels
water

STEPS:
1) remove the valve cover (makes it a little easier to work with)
1a)if you didnt remove it, makes sure your plug wires are removed and fill the holes up with some newspaper and/or tape over the holes with some eletrice tape or something so dust and water wont get in it.
1b)if it was removed, make sure you put a towel or a sheet over your internals so no dust and other things get into your oil and cams.

2) bust out the sand paper, and strap it in the handheld (if you have one) then dip it in some water and start sanding with a low grit sand paper until you see that the scratches that are made look evenly distributed everywhere and somewhat smooth, use the wire brush to get into some of the cracks, around the lettering and whatnot, then work your way up with a finer grit sand paper until you start using a really fine grit paper. then switch to the ultra fine sponge sanding thingy to get the metal really really smooth. then switch to the most finest paper or sponge you can find and then work on that. if your ass and your VC doesn't feel the same then its not smooth enough lol

3) the more time you spend on it the better it'll look.

4) get some water clean off the vc and clean the dust outta your engine bay(if the VC wasn't removed) and make sure its completely dry before you start polishing it...when your wiping it down for the last time, make sure you're using a completely dry towel and buff it up until in shines like crazy.

5) put the VC back the way it was and thats it.

tip1: polish you VC every now and then, to keep it shiny, the more often you polish it the easier it gets next time you polish it.

tip2: the more you polish it the more it'll shine and the more you'll smile.

i spent sooo much time on mine that when you look at it, you could see your reflection perfectly, like a mirror and it was better chrome. good luck :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!

Yo..That was informative!
Thanks for taking the time to write that for ME!!!

So You are not goin to do it to you G???
I think Im goin to either polish it or powder coat???
I leaning towads the Ploished look more though???
Ive seen a few PC ones...and they look good, But Im not sure??

What do you think?
Powder or polish???

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Someone's rich ;)

Like G-forces said, we want to see some pictures.

Powdercoating would be a long process, so I would say just do what I did - get some high temp paint and paint the sucker. A couple hours work and your end result..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny you said that!!

Well Im not RICH by any means...But MY name is RICH!!
haha!! Funny huh???

Dont worry pics are coming soon, But go easy on me!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Re: Thanks!

kiddragon said:
Yo..That was informative!
Thanks for taking the time to write that for ME!!!

So You are not goin to do it to you G???
I think Im goin to either polish it or powder coat???
I leaning towads the Ploished look more though???
Ive seen a few PC ones...and they look good, But Im not sure??

What do you think?
Powder or polish???
hey man, no prob...i get a little bored sometimes so i thought i'd just sit here and help out a fellow g20er...beside, i'm sure someone will ask how to do it again...if so, just tell'm to do a search lol

i wanna polish mine again, but it takes some time, time i dont have lol

but, i think you should go polish, shows people that you took the time and effort to do it yourself. its also the cheapest route. oops, but i forgot, your "Rich" so you would go for the most expensive route lol j/k :D

·
Registered
470 Posts
car sounds good man. You sound quite ecstatic about your car. that's good...g20 pride hahhaha.

Definitely get some pics up dude.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Nismoboy1 said:
if your ass and your VC doesn't feel the same then its not smooth enough lol

hmmm. shouldnt your ass be a little softer? last time i checked, my ass wasnt made of metal. but anyways, i third the thank you about the process. i found in very informative. perhaps one day i will feel like doing it myself

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Yes so did i, oh and how much did you pay for the CF hood as we had a group buy for only $375 and only needed one more person to do it. Oh well too late, i know the thread died anyways too bad.

·
Registered
432 Posts
man your ballin to do all that already ! are you 5spd or auto ? wait till you install the other half of the CAI, then itll give more power that your lookin for

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
kinda sad I say...

But I was kinna bummed I bought a G20 at first!
Hmm.. that comment does make my sad... My car is as stock as the day is long, minus some badging, and I LOVE my car. This is #2 for me. And I've never doubted my car for a second... I actually chuckle that my car is so dope.. I don't find many cars on the road that I envy these days... The only cars I find my self wishin for is newer (much more expensive) imports (Lexus's, BM's, Mercedes.. etc).. other then that.. I've never felt that I need to mod my car to make it what I want it to be.. Do I wish I could afford to lower it right this second? Sure! Do I wish it had 200+ hp? Sure.. but as a stock car? I love it.. I'm kinda sad that you had to mod your car in order to find the beauty in this machine.. Just my opinion....

·
Registered
637 Posts
I wanna see some pictures of your ride. It sounds like a kick a$$ ride.

·
Registered
886 Posts
everybody want to see some pics. don't keep us in the dark here. show us the mods.
pictures..... pictures........pictures........pictures............
WHEN?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts