Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay on the way to work this morning my car finally hit 100,000 miles. as far as i'm concerened a nissan engine is not broken in untill you hit 100K miles

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
so...

Are you the original owner? ..as in, did you put on that 100K yourself? That is something impressive if you did!

I've never actually taken one of my own cars from 0 to 100K but have owned a Toyota before that had over 100K on it (It had 113K on it when I bought it for $500) --and I sold it with 116K 'cause I bought the G20 :)

My g20 had 56K on it when I bought it in January of this year. It has 61K now... and will have over 70K when I return from my Alaska trip later next month.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope not the original owner, but i did put 96k on my 97 eclipse in 4 years before i sold it, and i have put over 80k on my 4Runner (113K miles now). i just think it's cool to see a car go over 100K with no major mechanical problems

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Damn, I must be really running up the miles on my car then. I've had it a little more than two months and put an extra 2500 miles on my swapped in motor...

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
I guess....

..but it is pretty commonplace these days.. especially on japanese model cars! I'd still shy away from any GM car with over 100K... but even Dodge (like the Diesel RAM 2500) is considered a baby until after it gets over 100K so I'd see it as a major accomplishment to drive your own car from 0 to over 100K.. a friend of mine did that with his 95 Neon.. He bought it new and now has 134K on it and never had to do anything other than normal maintenance! ...His former car was a Pontiac Grand am (1989) and he took it to 116K and it started just falling apart at an alarming rate...

but anyway, I think a lot of people here with G20s are long past 100K so it is sort of the norm.. which I view as a very good thing..

I'd love to hear from someone with over 300K and/or over 400K and is there a G20 with over 500K out there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts