Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i got out of work around 10pm, and started my car to notice rough idling. Since it's cold outside i let the car run for about 5-10 minutes. In this case however, i started rolling around 3 minutes after. I was shuttling my friend to his car, on the other side of the parking lot, when the car started to jump. I shifted into a lower gear but the car seemed as if it was going to die....and it did. I started the car back up, but it shook and shut back off.

I checked the mass air sensor...it's fine

The alternator and battery are fine.....therefore I suspect it's a problem with the Fuel injector, fuel pump, or perhaps fuel filter. Ironically, I had just bought some Lucas Oil brand fuel injector cleaner, but was waiting to go on empty; I'm still at half a tank.

I need Help, my car is still stranded about 30min away from where I live, i had to get a ride home from a friend cus it was late, cold, and I don't know what to do.....I'm trying my last attempts, but if nothing works I'm going to have to find myslef another car.

·
Registered
926 Posts
the problem you're having sounds as if it's either the fuel pump, or the distributor. first i would check to make sure you have spark, and secondly check to see if your fuel pump is in working order. since your car is still cranking and turning the engine over you can rule out the starter, battery, alternator, and also your maf sensor since you said you checked it.

also don't give up and find another car, i'm pretty sure it's fuel or ignition related.

·
Registered
430 Posts
sounds like you need a new dist cap or a direct rail fuel injector clean. maybe even a new fule filter. check fuel pressure KOEO should be abt 38-40lbs KOER at idle should be very close to that. turn key on and listen for the fuel pump noise the realy may be bad.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trust me, I've got NGK Iridiums and just recently gapped them, so it's not a spark issue. I will check out the dist cap. It's sorta like a clogged artery which leads to a "Heart Attack." I suspected that perhaps some condensation had gotten into my fuel system and frozen over, restricting fuel from getting to the possibly clogged filter and injectors, therefore by the time it reached them, more was blocked off....causing my car to have an "Engine Failure."

·
Registered
430 Posts
also that lucas in the tank shit is just that shit. id take it to a shop and have them do a direct rail inject clean which they shut off the fuel system and run the cleaner thrru the shrader on the rail. also i had this problem with a tourus

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Dump a couple of bottles of "Heet" in the gas tank. It does sound like you could have frozen water in the fuel.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I had my car towed to a mechanic, turns out my fuel pump failed.

The cost to fix my Fuel Pump $320, The Cost to put my Tein Lowering springs in $160

The feeling of exhilarion after I can once again ride my G20 into the sunset.....Priceless.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
sweet ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts