Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my VE engine swap

DAY 1
well guys on the way home on saturday the 24th my motor started knockin yep a rod knock so that means its time for a motor so on monday i went and got my motor i got a sr20de roller rocker motor and now im gonna put a ve head on it haha this should be a fun car well today i started takein the motor out got the radiator out the header off intake off and started takein out the axels out that will be tomorrow i also got all the fluids drained so not bad for after first day the motorr and tranny will be out on thursday the 29th here are some pics i will post again tomorrow

does anynow know what this is ????

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
gdubb said:
true luis will be up here on saturday and sunday and tuesday you should come thur there will be beer lol
haha i wish bro..... the ONLY days im free from work/school is weekends.... ONLY.. haha thants weekend evenings too! :-\ yeah it sucks ass... i can only really come over and help is when school's over (8/12/06)....

·
I Gots More NISMO Then U!
2,913 Posts
wow would love to know how that works out!! keep us 100% up to date!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think this is what we call "real world" garage technique.
My car is filled with the stuff, little shorted out wired everywhere, most safety systems were disabled when I get my G20. Mostly paperclips jammed into harness clips and stuff like that.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DAY 3 its out
well the motors out 2 of my so call friends were suposed to come by and help me get the motor and trany out but the fake on me (guess you really see who your friend are)but fuck it my cousin came over and we got it out in 3hr. not bad for a first time. we got done about 11:30 so tomorrow luis is commin over and were gonna pull the head off the new motor and then were goin to sanjose to get my clutch and flywheel then sunday luis and walter are commin back over and were gonna put the ve head on and possible do the clutch and mount the tranny then i have to wait for more parts to show up hopefully it will be back in on tuseday the 4th will post more after the weekend here are the pics from last night

there she is the bitch is out thank god

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
oh yeah rich... since your at it, why not fill in your motor mounts and get some solid mounts?? You've driven my car with it filled with 80shore from McCastercar so you know how it feels ;)

Urethane to fill motor mounts - www.mcmastercarr.com - Part # 8644K11 (80 shore), 8644K18 (94 shore)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SuperblkStalion said:
shhweeet, guess no alarm installthis weekend huh? tahts cool Rich, hope u get it running real soon. i will probably be coming over next weekend if your available/still working on it.
that will work if you want you can come by this weekend will be here some food some beer call me

·
Registered
337 Posts
Engine is ready!

Here is the same writeup I did on SR20Forum.. I am gonna give the G20 guys a few extra pictures though :) I'm hoping my SR20forum pics work here..

What you need..

You need a VE head. I bought this one for $400 from a forum member.

And a block, in my case we found a perfectly good JDM roller rocker at my engine place.

I recommend new head bolts.

And you need some oil line fittings. Specifically 1/8NPT to -6AN (x2) and a 1-2ft length of -6 braided line. Gofastdepot.com sells this "kit" and that is what I used.

Block Prep:

Step 1.

Remove old engine with rod-knock

Step 2.

Remove head off of the roller rocker engine. Now it is no longer a roller rocker engine :D
This engine has a 4 counterweight crank and the oil pump looks just like the VVL one. I also noticed that the pistons seem to be the same as the regular 9.5:1 DE ones. I haven't checked to see if they are taller or not. They have a slight dish and do not have valve reliefs.

I used a razor blade to remove the old lead headgasket. It felt perfectly smooth afterwards.

Gdubb had fun with the spraypaint.

I layed the VE/Metal Headgasket on, I made sure the engine was at TDC and put white out on the corresponding line on the crank pulley for future timing fun.

Block is ready. Now for the head.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts