Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this happened to me two times now ! I can't believe my '02 G20 was mistake for a ..................... Mistubishi Lancer !!!!!!
ewwww, nasteeeeee.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
cas8_1999 said:
its a ugly car to me but its mainly cuz of that damn front grill..
casual
You bet man! Everytime I see that damn Lancer grill I say to myself, "WTF were they thinking?" I guess they can't make it look like the only Lancer worth buying, the mighty EVO!!!!!!!!! Holy crap if they bring those (the real 278hp version) to canada I'll be hard pressed not to buy one.

95_g20_P10 said:
thats why it got mistaken that grill looks to much like the G20s but bigger. damn wannabees
Give them a quick shot to the head and tell them to get a freaking clue.
:evil:

·
Registered
60 Posts
The Lancer evo VII will be coming to the U.S. later this year/early next year. That lancer in the U.S. now is a waste of money and one ugly a$$ car in my opinion.. lates

·
Registered
251 Posts
it is only 120 hp in the U.S. now FF
Saw plenty of Evo 5,6,7 in Hong kong earlier, but for some reasons lancers are not for me. I like S15, R34 skyline, and Legacy B4 (280 WRX engine in legacy). But none of them are offer here

The lancen just have our lights and grill, just bigger and UGLIER

·
Registered
180 Posts
i read somewhere that they will be like $32K. I mean it is 0-60 in like 4.8 or something but that is too much for a lancer. The WRX STi is the same price range too.........wrx/lancer or corvette/boxter......hmmm

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
people that mistake you G for a mitsi aint got clue,theG is a much better looking than the lancer.Well have you seen that evo V11 its an ugly piece of shit (not as good as the V1).what were mitsi thinking putting a decent 300 bhp engine into the biggest piece of crap they could find.Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hmm, and how about that OZ rally edition one. With it huge 15 inch OZ wheels, and the flat sideskirts that add to it's non curvy, flat as a wall appearance? The yellow paint that says, "hey, I must have over a hundred ponies in here" ;) I hear 80% of they buyers are female :) (just a side note)

·
Registered
880 Posts
I'd just like to add that the 4wd system and the handling on the evo VII isn't as good as on the previous models. Pick up is also a little slower. All of those reasons contributed to Tommi Makinen leaving the Mitsu WRC team. I remember him just cursing and complaining about how bad this new Lancer is after every race. He just couldn't stand it. He is just so much happier with the WRX. But I agree, the new lancer is an ugly car.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I must say the WRX and Lancer are two damn ugly cars..the lancer evo VII and wrx are great performers but damn freakin fugly man!!! FUBAR

I got my car mistaken for a lancer, a4, 3 series, is300, and a subaru legacy.

freakin gay

·
Registered
211 Posts
G20 SpoRt 2002 said:
I dont even like the lancer the front or the back... usually everyone just tells me that my car looks like a BMW, or something reminds them of a BMW when they see my car.

I think its the way the rear window panel (not the rear window itself, but the window panel right past it), rather than continuing to slope down, notches down and forward...If you look on ANY BMW sedan or coupe, the rear window does this too.

--Personally, I think the Evo 7 just comes off as a mean looking Accord from the front...those headlights and the lack of huge driving lights(ala WRX STi)...the Evo 7 is a weak excuse for an Evo, and a watered down one at best.

·
Registered
268 Posts
A girl once called my G20 an Acura. Acura???? Since it was a chic I was not too offended.

·
Registered
626 Posts
i've had my car mistaken for a bmw, sentra (err), maxima (nice car but come on!), and one real dumb fuk said it was a .... corrola (ewwwwwwwwww!) i think its time i put that spoiler on!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The Lancer Evo VIIs are pretty ugly... they got rid of the foglights in the bumper! That's what made it look good! And the new GDB WRXs are hella ugly took, in my opinion. The performance is nice, the looks aren't. I like the older Imprezas... mid to late nineties; the GC8s. Now THOSE are nice....

When I had my G20, I was never mistaken for anything bad except once: someone said I owned a "sentra with leather." Ahh hell no man. So I went into my big speech about how Infiniti was actually Nissan, and how all Lexuses are just JDM Toyotas and why some cars like the Lancer come out in the US just to jip people out of their money... in the end, I think I practically persuaded him to sell his ES300 *cough CAMRY* and go get a more "exclusive" Lexus, like an IS300.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
To tell you the truth they never say mine looks like any other they just usually say umm Sir nice car by the way what is the make of it
casual

1 - 20 of 23 Posts