Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some quick pics of my car, which is fixed by the way. No more oil leak. :D

As you can see, I ned to get that front lip painted, or get the new bumper I want. :)

;)

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Hey KB I'm liking the "White Knight". Looks hella clean. How did you get your tails to go all red? Which spray did you use. I saw some in an aftermarket store but I wasn't sure if it was any good. I was thinking about smokin' mine but I dont wanna get harrased anymore by the POPO.

By the way if you ever come across door panels with cream leather inserts let me know.

Holla

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Nice and clean there Kris. You spend a lot of time on the motor.

·
Registered
45 Posts
sweet looking pics man, are those the rims I sold you? Anyways the car looks great and the photos look real nice, what kind of digital camera did u use?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Nice G, same color scheme as mine. =)

On that black bumper section have you tried the mother's product called back-to-black. If not I'd suggest trying it out, I haven't had to use it on my car yet, however i've used it on sections of my dad's Z and it restores the black trim very nicely.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
yeah something realky needs to be done to that front. i use black magic tire wet on on all my black trim makes it very nice and shinny and doest ruin it. try something on it, and soon. but other then that its clean

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
uclandru said:
sweet looking pics man, are those the rims I sold you? Anyways the car looks great and the photos look real nice, what kind of digital camera did u use?

Yep, those are the rims. :) I use a Nikon camera.

As for the black bumper, that is actually primer you see there. I dont know how it got there, but its there. I just either need to sand it down and paint it black, or get a new bumper. :cool:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Nice Car! Ive got a QN0 as well...its a good color, and soo pretty up close---btw, if you want the paint to match exactly, youre gonna have to fork up a good bit, its a triple-layer paint process:(

Mike.com, what kind of wheels are those on your G in your avatar?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
DragerG20 said:
Nice Car! Ive got a QN0 as well...its a good color, and soo pretty up close---btw, if you want the paint to match exactly, youre gonna have to fork up a good bit, its a triple-layer paint process:(

Yup gotta love QN0. :D

They are Saab 900 wheels. My car pics are in my sig. I haven't taken any new pics with my Primera emblems and some other new stuff I did. ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DragerG20 said:

Ouch, a triple layer. that's something I am not familiar with. :(

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
kbslacker said:

Ouch, a triple layer. that's something I am not familiar with. :(

Yeah, I ran into this when i had the factory spoiler painted.... From what i understand they actually have to use 3 different paints (layers) to achieve this one color. It's pretty tough to match too, luckily the place I took it to did a pretty good job. You really can't tell a difference until you get really close up that you notice a very slight difference in the paint (the spoiler is just a hair lighter). Cost of just the paint alone is quite a bit, and labor is going to suck too because of the time required to spray on all the layers and match the color. :-\

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
95_g20_P10 said:
yeah the pearl is a 3stage paint (something like base coat, metalic pearl, and clear) so it costs money! my m3 spoiler cost $350 to prime and paint and thats not that big of a peice

Do you know if the paint can be purchased by someone like myself?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
95_g20_P10 said:
prob not it needs to be mixed prperly and stuff. but maybe you can go ask a body shop to order you some and mix it for u and see what they say

Duhhhh good idea. :cheeky:

I will post up what I find.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts