Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My G20T Tune Up Progress Log as of 09/12/06 - FINAL COST in Tune-Up/Upgrades = $1,600

Since I've purchased my 2000 Infiniti G20T last November, 2005 the below are items that has been changed:

1. Set of NGK Platinum G Power spark plugs...done ($3.49 x 4 from www.amazon.com)
2. OEM spark plug wires...done ($50.92 from www.everythinginfiniti.com)
3. OEM PCV valve...done ($11.21 from www.everythinginfiniti.com)
4. OEM distributer rotor and cap...done ($6.28 and $10.86 from www.everythinginfiniti.com)
5. OEM fuel filter...done ($10.48 from www.eveythinginfiniti.com)
Note: Changed the fuel hoses from/to the fuel filter and used coupler so that future removal will be easier to do.​
6. Puralator Premium Plus air filter...done ($8.99 from Strauss auto)
7. Set of Falken Ziex ZE-512 tires...sold and replaced with Kumho AST 16" tires ($184 from www.discounttiredirect.com FREE SHIPPING!)
8. Set of cross drilled and slotted front and rear disk brake rotors...done ($126.99 from www.ebay.com - Race Concepts...FREE SHIPPING!)
9. Set of front and rear Duralast Gold semi-metallic brake pads...done ($29.99 x 2 from www.Autozone.com with limited lifetime warranty)
10. Set of remanufactured front and rear calipers...done ($44.99 x 2 and $90.99 x 2 after core exchange from www.Autozone.com with limited lifetime warranty)
11. Bled the braking system...done ($7 One-man self bleeder kit from www.autozone.com)
12. Front/Rear OEM Struts...done ($44.17 x 2 front/$51.53 x 2 rear total $209 including from www.everythinginfiniti.com and installation for $140 for labor)
13. OBX dual tip performance exhaust...done ($60 including shipping from www.ebay.com and installation for $50 including pipes, hangers and labor)
14. Auto transmission flush/purge...done ($99 from www.aamco.com)
15. "Real" wood dash kit...this was a GREAT FIND on ebay...Done ($26 including shipping from www.ebay.com)
16. 3M Adhesion Promoter...this is required for the wood dash kit...Done ($10 for tube plus ten packets from www.dipcrazy.com)
17. Wash and detail car
18. Take pic for www.G20.net ...Done
19. A set of 16" RIAX black rims with polished lips...done ($370 including shipping and FREE chrome lugs, chrome valve steps and lug key from www.rim1.com)
20. A set of Kumho ECSTA AST 205/50/16 all season performance tires...done($216...price includes a $40 Kumho rebate from www.tirerack.com)
21. A set of new customize mats/carpet for the Infiniti G20t...done ($52 including shipping from www.ebay.com)
22. A Directed 103T Failsafe Digital Keypad with Starter Kill...done ($35.99 including shipping from www.buy.com)
23. An Ichibahn dead pedal/foot rest...done ($10 including shipping from www.ebay.com)
24. A set of Ractive black pedals...done ($10 including shipping from www.ebay.com)
25. A pair of front/rear aluminum door sills...done ($27 x 2 including shipping from www.ebay.com)
26. Professionally installed tint 20% rear/35% front...done ($120 from NYC Tint Shop located in Queens, NY)
27. Modified front strut tower bar...installed ($22 including shipping from www.ebay.com)
28. DVD/CD HU and 7" LCD Flip-up Monitor...installed (from www.EONON.com)
29. 94-97 Honda Accord OEM lip...installed ($20 from www.craigslist.com)
30. A set of stainless steel headers...(from www.ebay.com)
31. Warm air intake...(from www.ebay.com)
32. Maxxstart batter...installed ($75 from www.walmart.com)
33. Auto dimming rearview mirror...($35 from www.ebay.com)

Since the car has 72,000, I want to keep it close to original performance and will be use as a weekend car.

I will add up the total cost of the maintenance expense once the project is completed.

If anybody has questions regarding these changes, respond to this board...

·
Registered
640 Posts
good for you :thumbsup: ...Glad to see your treating the car right. The car should be good as new when you finish your tune up.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
good job..the brakes may squeal a bit..i hear a couple of people complaining re: break pads that arent oem..just some info..

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HELP!...Having Problems Taking Off The Front Brack

I've finished installing my cross drilled and slotted rear rotors and calipers and pads.

I'm having problems loosening the two 19mm bolts off the front brackets in order to take off the rotors.

Anybody have any suggestions to loosen the bolts without stripping it?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Pb blaster and CRC power lube and pretty much the same. Just CRC is usually easier to fine....just a hint. Also stay away from WD-40...to save money they add water to it!.

Awesome job on the tune up! post some pics of the brakes when your all done.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Finally Got the Front Brake Brackets Off!!!

Thanks guys...I've was able to get the brackets off my front brakes to remove the old rotors...

The PB Blaster really works in combination with a longer rachet for more leverage...

I should be now be able to replace the front rotors with the new slotted/cross drilled rotors and install the new calipers and pads.

Next Up....

Bleed my brakes
Change my oil
Change my automatic transmission fluid
Flush my radiator fluid
Replace my exhaust with an OBX dual tip performance muffler ($62 including shipping from www.ebay.com - Motor Energy)
Detail the car interior/exterior
Register the car

·
Registered
504 Posts
Host them on imageshack or other free photo host. Then copy the link code into your post. Or become a member at g20.net and post them here.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts