Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

881 - 900 of 928 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just spent some time on the OSR Dyno* today...

RunFile_001 = First pull
RunFile_005 = Final numbers
RunFile_010 = Final numbers with the Varex closed

We never messed with the timing or AFR since it already looked pretty dialed in.
All we did was adjust the MSS switch points for the cams.

* Elevation 1,325ft / Temp 94°F / Humidity 10%
You changed nothing but the switch points? There is no reason why the peak whp should have changed just from moving the cam switch. So that's basically a 6whp difference between runs with nothing changed to cause it, is that normal for that dyno to have discrepancies that large between runs like that?

·
Registered
898 Posts
You're not seeing the in between runs....the car was probably not warmed up on the first pull.

·
Top5DOA
1,967 Posts
fresh cow skin

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
clean as shit, anyone stronger than krist that cant remove my knob? i want this mod

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi,just read/looked at most of the whole thread,your car looks mint,great work,alot of work and alot of money must of go into this project,but it shows !

I have a question, which header do you notice the most power from,and which header did you like best and why ?

I am getting a fuji so thought i would ask !

·
Nonaggressor
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #893 · (Edited)
The ASP is a nice header and performance was great.
Installation was a pain and it looked home made (yes I know it's a custom header) and not professional.
There are many parts made by individuals, not major companies, that are high quality, perform great, and look nice.
The Fuji header delivers on every aspect.
Build quality, design, performance, looks, you name it.
It is the best header for the SR20VE IMHO.
You will be very happy with your purchase.
If I had a B13 or P10 gutted and a motor swap, I'd probably rock another ASP.
In my P11, it stuck out like a sore thumb.

As far as a direct performance comparison, I do not have an apples to apples dyno for you.
But I can tell you this; I had an ASP header, JWT WAI, and full 3" exhaust from the header back, now I have a Fuji header, custom CAI, and a 2.5" exhaust and my dyno numbers stayed the same.

·
Nonaggressor
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #895 · (Edited)
It just didn't have that polished look. You can tell when a producer puts more R&D behind their product because it shows in the little details. Charles made the header to produce power, and it does. He doesn't care about ease of installation or looks.

881 - 900 of 928 Posts