Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

901 - 920 of 928 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Anything new?
Awesome all round,looks,sound,performance,fitment.Well worth the $$$ My best mod to date.

What's your views about cai vs wai ?

I just changed from cai to wai today,notice that under full throttle it's better more responsive,better at low revs,loss of midrange though either that or it's just alot smoother delivery.Have not gone to redline yet. Wai much louder for sure. X 2 of the cai.

·
Nonaggressor
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #905 ·
I think the general consensus agrees with what you said. WAI usually has better throttle response and CAI usually has better mid-band performance. Despite all that, I think the difference is mostly negligible. I did the CAI more out of an interest in just doing the project, not so much for performance. I would recommend WAI for most users. With a CAI you need to consider weather, you usually need to cut a larger hole in your car, you may need to relocate your battery, you may have rubbing issues, etc. I think there are more cons than pros for CAI.

·
Nonaggressor
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #908 ·
Optima Red Top

My Yellow Top finally died (almost 8 years old) and everyone says that Optima batteries are junk now days so I was looking into getting an Odyssey.
The Odyssey I would need was $250, the Optima was $150.
So despite all the bad reviews in that last couple of years I'm going to give them a chance.
Since my last one lasted so long, they deserve it.
If my new battery sucks, I'll join everyone else in bashing Optimas but until then I hope everything works well.

In the last picture you can see a little L bracket I screwed in there.
I did this to help keep the battery from sliding around in the tray and hitting the CAI.
I hope it works!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Back from the dead, Krist? Good to see you're still fucking with your car. How's the family? You own a Minivan yet?

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Still looks awesome.

·
Nonaggressor
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #911 ·
Back from the dead, Krist? Good to see you're still fucking with your car. How's the family? You own a Minivan yet?
The family is doing great!
Timothy is 5, Daniel is 4, Ethan is 18 months, and we have one in the oven.
Minivan?
You know it!
I picked up a 93 Toyota Previa off a family member for $1,800.
It only had 60k miles on it and was garaged.
It serves us well.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The family is doing great!
Timothy is 5, Daniel is 4, Ethan is 18 months, and we have one in the oven.
Wow two back to back, TWICE! God bless you!
You must have the patience of a saint.

My one 2 year old is making me consider making him the only one! lol

Congrats!

Xtra

·
Nonaggressor
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #913 ·
God has blessed me and I hope he continues to do so.

Psalms 127:1-5 A Song of degrees for Solomon. Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. (2) It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep. (3) Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. (4) As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. (5) Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

·
Nonaggressor
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #916 ·
I'm changing jobs right now so who knows.
It might be a while but I'm eye balling it.

·
Nonaggressor
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #917 ·
My driver-side outer CV boot ripped so I picked up an OEM kit and got to work.
But the CV joint didn't want to come off!
I wasted over an hour trying various things with no luck.
Had to put it all back together incomplete so my wife could get in the garage.
Pretty upset about the huge waste of time with no results.
If anyone know trick that doesn't involve removing the entire axle, please share.
If any locals want to help, there will be grub and grog in it for you.
After all the work I've done on my car I'd hate to have to take it in... pride.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
so wait you want to keep the half shaft in the car and just swap the boot? its really no extra time besides refilling the fluid in the trans to take the half shaft out all the way

·
Nonaggressor
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #919 ·
I didn't have any fluid in my garage at the time.
You can just pry it out of the transmission with a large flat head right?
Or is there a ring holding it in?

·
Registered
898 Posts
pry bar works best. Make sure car is in neutral when you take it out and put it in.

901 - 920 of 928 Posts