Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's all funky! It'll play fine for a day or so and then start crackling and then I'll flick the wires and they will be good for another day and wont crackle then on voulme 7 (which is low) I taped up the wires checked to see if any were loose. any ideas? Im gonna take apart my back speackers and plugin so one my friend has to see if it's the plug or the speakers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Appear to have the same problem

My rear passenger speaker has been doing the same--especially when I would be going around the corner. A few days ago, after I had the trunk full of stuff, it stopped doing it, and back to sounding great! Like you, I got to thinking that it is a short in the wires somewhere. I would love to hear what you determine, as I probably have the same problem. Thanks, Greg.

·
Registered
430 Posts
its eaither the amps or somethings shorting somehwhere. make sure the wires are not touching each other bare. also if you can solder the wire ends to the speaker do not use crimps or stupid connectors as they will corrode, clean off any corrosion you see. if all that fails then your amps are fucked.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had that problem and it turned out to be my rear amp.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well what I have gathered after replacing the speaker is that the plastic componet connecting the speaker to the amp is or actually was loose.(super glue is a wonderful thing) After replacing the old speaker (ebay 2 rear speakers 6.99 and 10.99 shipping)
I tested it out with my old kenwood amp and no morre rattling and seem to work great.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Uhm. I just replaced my stock speakers because the rear passenger side one was crackling only to find out the new one crackles too. Time to check the wiring per the above suggestions.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well my speaker was blown so I replaced it.
Uhm. I just replaced my stock speakers because the rear passenger side one was crackling only to find out the new one crackles too. Time to check the wiring per the above suggestions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts