Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Oil) What’s the average oil temperature for an SR?

(Transmission) What’s the average fluid temperature for an automatic hydraulic transmission?

(Dyno) What’s a good price for a dyno run(2 runs exactly)?

(Camshaft) Do I need to have the car tuned on a dyno after a cam install?(Advancing the GT cam)

(Carbing) Does anybody have the measurements of the Carbing lower arm brace?

(Foglight) Anyone have the part number for the foglight fuse in the p11 foglight kit?

(Cooling) High pressure radiator cap ... runs cooler or allows for more heat so fans come on? safe?

(Header) To get more low end torque ... smaller primaries, larger B-pipe? Inverse?

(Intake) Rough estimate on pressure drop across intercooler?

(Motor Mount) Safe to harden(slightly) just the passenger side mount?

I will add as i think of them. Any answers are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
ChickenWing said:
(Cooling) High pressure radiator cap ... runs cooler or allows for more heat so fans come on? safe?
wonder this too..

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
For the foglight, call up the guys at everythingg20.com...i got the part number in 2 minutes for my P10 from them.

·
G20 OG
6,684 Posts
ChickenWing said:
(Dyno) What’s a good price for a dyno run(2 runs exactly)?
$80-100 for 3 runs.. they usualy do 3 not 2 or $100 for 1 hour tuning... thats not including dyno meets or anything

(Camshaft) Do I need to have the car tuned on a dyno after a cam install?(Advancing the GT cam)
No, but tuning is good to extract max HP

(Carbing) Does anybody have the measurements of the Carbing lower arm brace?
P10 or P11? if its p11 i may be getting one so ill let you know when i get it

safe just increases vibration (however vibrations can cause screws to backout things to rattle, etc)

I will add as i think of them. Any answers are appreciated.
answered a few above

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you. yes the carbing would be for a p11.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump. anyone?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
on the Dyno run..I can get 3 runs for $40 or $60 I forget..but that is a honda-tech member price..I just use my old honda membership and use it on my P11 if I want to dyno it. I think normally without a membership it might be $80.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx i got quoted $80 for 3 runs w/o tuning, so i guess its a decent price :)

anyone else know any more answers to any of those questions?

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
(Oil) What’s the average oil temperature for an SR?
All depends on the driving conditions and where the temperature is measured. You should be in the safe zone if the oil in the pan is under 230F. Not all gauges are created equal either -- many report higher than actual.

You really shouldnt mess with cam timing without a dyno, since you can actually lose power by changing it. I made some changes to mine by decreasing overlap, but that is only recommended for turbos and I never dyno'd the change to prove any gains.

A high pressure cap will keep the coolant from boiling over. Boiling coolant is bad, because the air bubbles will reduce cooling ability. In a nutshell, the HP cap will give you better cooling performance, but you should only increase pressure to a point that can be supported by the system. Otherwise -- bad leak situation.

(Header) To get more low end torque ... smaller primaries, larger B-pipe? Inverse?
I think generally the first is true. You want to keep exhaust velocity high at low rpm's to keep torque up, so you need smaller primaries. The catch is that at high rpm's you will lose power if the primaries are too small. It's a give and take and the ideal combination is application-specific. For example, the latest generation big primary Hotshot header showed massive high end power gains, but is intended for very lopey C-series cams.

(Intake) Rough estimate on pressure drop across intercooler?
Generally I think it's about 1-2 psi for a free-flowing IC. But not all IC's are created equal, and a cheaper core will cost performance for this reason. Spearco's are said to be one of the most free-flowing.

No point. All you will get is increased NVH and little to no increase in performance. The passenger mount doesnt do much to prevent motor movement in the engine bay (forward/backward rotation). It's only purpose is to support the motor. The big gain from a stiffer passenger/transmission mount is chassis stiffening. It makes the motor work like a giant strut bar.

- Greg -

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much Greg. Glad to finally be able to set my mind at ease about some things. Thanx again

·
Registered
107 Posts
My SSAC header has got me alot of low end power gains without a dip in the high end. (SSAC 2" ebay $125) so i guess smaller is better for low end? that would be my exp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts