Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my motor mount is worn out... the back hops up as im accelerating.. so what im wondering is: 1. how many mounts are there in a motor - 2. could someone use a pic of the engine bay to circle and label the areas? i appreciate it if you could please, thanks...

also one other quesiton.. when starting the car up, ocassionally the idle would be jumping violently at a fast pace.. what could be the problem?

thank you again fellas.

·
Registered
62 Posts
try searching for this. I the same problem when I first got my car so I know there are plenty of threads on this already.

·
Registered
212 Posts
no pics for you but ill see if i can help...

Passenger side mount: the big bastard on the passenger side...can miss it
Cross-member mounts: on an auto...there's one in the rear of the member...on a manual it has the rear and then a front mount

should be one more mount under the battery tray

remove the tray and you'll be able to see it perfectly

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
doesn't really matter, i've bought the rear motor mount, tranny mount and i'll just throw it in the shop

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the car is as smoooooooth as butter now guys.. god it feels good to drive likle that.. but my car switches at 3k rpm on first gear.. no matter how light i go on throttle .. i think i'll need to check TPS when i have time.. but idle RPM seems to be fine to me

btw if you guys ever experience like a jolt while coming off from a stop, you might want to change your transmission mount.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it doesn't mark :( i hope a MAF regrounding and checking/adjusting the TPS will do.. can't do it this week, last 2 finals on monday :) thanks though

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Honestly though, changing up so low in the revs would make the car slow. I have a manual and never really change below 3k, most times it's more like 4k minimum and upto 7.5k :lick:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i sit in other cars... and its even lower.. my cousins avalon switches out of first gear @ 1.8k rpms and its sooooo smooth.. its funny to switch @ 3k rpm cuz im light on the throttle.. so when it switches to 2nd gear.. its @ 1.9k rpm, then it goes into 3rd @ 2k rpm..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i just want it to be at the right specs, even driving my dads slow civic, it would switch @ like 2k rpms... i just dont understand how come when i go light on the throttle.. it'll just hang there.. until i press the gas a bit more to hit 3k rpms

1 - 11 of 11 Posts