Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Is that the SSAC one? It looks like it. You're lucky you got the 2.5 one...I got stuck with the 2 inch one on the 8th buy on the sr20forum. damn ssac!

What did you use to wrap it with?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
plastikcaktus said:
Is that the SSAC one? It looks like it. You're lucky you got the 2.5 one...I got stuck with the 2 inch one on the 8th buy on the sr20forum. damn ssac!

What did you use to wrap it with?
Yes, It's the ssac one. Didn't get it from ssac though. Got the secondary from a fellow g20.net member.

Wrapped with "header wrap" (Thermotec exhaust heat wrap)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
You do realize that header wrap will cause the header to rust even though it is stainless steel right?

Do you know why stainless is a preferred material for headers over mild steel? Its not because it looks pretty. Theres your hint ;)

Regardless, congrats on your bigger than 2" secondary.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blairellis said:
You do realize that header wrap will cause the header to rust even though it is stainless steel right?
Not getting into another ssac/header wrap discussion any more.

Personally I'd rather have my header/secondary rust to bits then to buy another alternator, radiator, have overheating problems, etc etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice shit man.......I just installed the same! Curious what you think of the difference between the old and this downpipe!

gr Chrismo

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
stoney78 said:
Should, twas yours :shhh: :smile:
I know! LOL :smile:
stoney78 said:
Will install it when I get my new shifter bracket and bushings.

'll let you know then.
Shhh :shhh: Don't tell Loek I told you, but the parts on the way! I was with him when he dropped them off @ the post office this afternoon! BTW, when you get the package, read what's on the inside of the box.......;)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
slimlou said:
I know! LOL :smile:
Shhh :shhh: Don't tell Loek I told you, but the parts on the way! I was with him when he dropped them off @ the post office this afternoon! BTW, when you get the package, read what's on the inside of the box.......;)
Ow my..... A love letter Lou? :smile:

Loek already told me what you 2 were up to this afternoon :evil:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I think I know who's CS bracket your getting stoney........... ;)
Looks like your cleaning the SOG's out of parts! Parts whore.......J/K, let us know how it worked out man!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Loco said:
I think I know who's CS bracket your getting stoney........... ;)
Looks like your cleaning the SOG's out of parts! Parts whore.......J/K, let us know how it worked out man!
Some Loco guy or something.... ow wait, that's you :smile:

You forgot to add "cheap" to the parts whore bit :smoke:

Will let you guys know how it worked out. My B&M short shifter feels like rowing a boat and want to replace the bushings and bracket at the same time as the downpipe.

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
I'm glad it's all working out well. We seem to have forged a new link between Canada and The Netherlands here. May these be the first deals of many to follow ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts