Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup fellas, well living in South Florida sure has its perks, but one of the main things is being surrounded by water. So whats better then riding on a boat.....Owning one!

So my brother and I over the last year have been looking at boats and learning everything about them. We are both divers, and seeing how bad gas prices have gotten, a "dive" trip is a good $70 a head, with a group of people in someone else's boat.

So finally after a year of searching we came upon this:

2006 Glastron SX 195 It's a bowrider with a VOLVO 5.0 Liter V8 to haul us through the ocean. We are not big into fishing, everytime I fish I dont catch anything so whats better than looking good, chilling, wakeboarding, kneeboarding, sticking hoes in the back of the boat and diving at your pleasure. The boat is white with cherry red, in the pictures it looks black and the interior looks funky red, but its not that ugly as it looks like in the pics.

Anyway here are the pics (the date on the camera pics is wrong):

The bimini top makes it look like shit, but it has a good sporty look to it, the bimini top will be coming off eventually and getting replaced with a wakeboarding tower.

This is what it will look like:

Lots of girls will eventually "go for a ride" but not as ugly as the chicks pictured:

To the sandbar!!!!! :)

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
doyyy i see you said wakeboard in the first post...
IIRC we gotta 5.7 L V8 :naughty:
We fried the engine last year and had to have it rebuilt :zoinks: and spent most of the summer breaking it in, puttering back and forth down the river...

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Awesome Kev!
I think that us boat owners should get a summer boating thread goin. Off topic of course with lots of pics. My wife wants a newer one but I like what I have and the title says my name only. I like the Glastrons' and the open bow is the way to go. Oh yeah, make sure that people know the boat runs on gas not thanks. :smile:

·
Registered
954 Posts
nice...... i remember when I lived in the cayman islands I had such luxuries, with wakeboad tower and everything. I love it, its mad fun watersports

Too dam cold for that shit up here in canada, but as soon i go back home i will buy another one i am a big fan of the grady white.

But as in cayman you got to have a boat in MIA.......

Keep the pimp hand stong bro

trini

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Oh Yeah I can't wait --- Kev !! me and you can ride around like Crockett and Tubs now !!!

You are going to pull so much ass with that boat !!!

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
poppy_morenito said:
Oh Yeah I can't wait --- Kev !! me and you can ride around like Crockett and Tubs now !!!

You are going to pull so much ass with that boat !!!
Crockett and Tubbs are ok but the true players are these guys.........

Whos Dirty

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I like boats, & have had a few...but I can get the same effect standing in the shower tearing up $100 bills...:lol:

Seriously...Nice boat Kev!

Putt

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the comments guys hehe some are quite funny. The kite tube thing I am DEFINITELY buying! I know its like $400-$500 but well see how much I can pick it up for in the miami streets.

-Bones the tikki bar is definitely going to be happening :)
-2000Gtwenty I wakeboarded for the first time 2 weeks ago on my friends boat, it was fun and I lasted a good 2 minutes in the open ocean until we ran up on some high wakes and I ate it face first
-davew7 hey if yours is paid off then no reason to buy a new one
-Alex get your tall ass down here so I can drop you off the tube!
-Trini for sure man, after living here for 10 years I think it was time :)
-Scooterz yeah dude, thats what happened between my brother and I and after a year it finally happened
-Shawn hellz yeah like like Crockett and Tubs brotha! The boat will definitely pull some chicks, BUT, I kind of have my eye on a special girl so well see how that works out... ;) And get ready brotha, we are going out soon!
- thanks ryu
-J lol drop it? haha a badass system and subs will be going in and the GPS but thats pretty much it, maybe I should put headers and a CAI on the motor haha
-Putt between 2 people its not too bad
-trbbrk yeah the old school glastrons are tight work
-Jupak, think of a brand spanking new G35 Sedan

I cant wait, ill have to get used to the drinking and driving and maybe even racing here and there j/k Everybody knows you head to the keys drunk and leave the keys drunk! Today I close the deal with the bank so this weekend my brother and I will have some quality time together.
-

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
Kevin,,,,
ahhh, a boat. Yup, call it the money pit ;) ---I like Jim's $100 shower thing...haha.

I have a boat up at our Lake Hartwell home. It's a pontoon...and YES...the bimini top is ugly (I have one), but it keeps you from getting burned by the sun! Anyway, bought the boat in 2005, used it several times during the summer. Didn't use it during the winter. Took it out April 06 with my buddy for a few hours and some impeller thing on the engine took a dump. Had to be towed back to my dock. Parts & Labor were $275, not bad. Haven't used it since. :(

Hopefully you will have alot of use out of yours! the 5.0 liter should suck some gas =) but it's all fun and you can split the bill with your brother!!!

Enjoy it...!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts