Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up fellas, so I head over to Lance's crib to pick something up and after a little convo I make the statement that before I purchase the 07' G35S I needed a little daily so I dont put miles on the G and what better then a good priced B13.... but what I really want is an NX2000.... Lance tells me its under my nose down the block and apparently the Nissan fellas have already checked it out. So I head over there, turn it on, check it out and ended up buying it the next day (last night).

-1993 Electric Blue
-Power Windows & locks
-164k miles
-No rust
-Clean dash & interior
-Not one dent on the body just the hood
-Front and rear bumper have been resprayed
-No 5th gear popout
-Clutch is fine
-No T-top leak (it rained heavily last night)

The car runs pretty hard fellas, it seems whoever owned this car before put a little money into it, the car is lowered (havent checked with what), the ride is nice and firm but when going over a speed bump the shocks feel mushy but in good condition.

Now one thing that im wondering is if it has a JDM motor... The car came with headers (stainless steel....rusted HS Gen 3 lookalikes), a small intake, but the motor is cleeeeean and sounds great. I could eat of the intake manifold, the block is suuuuper clean, the valve cover is clean and im not talking about engine degreaser, im talking engine replacement (NO EGR from what I saw), but then im not familiar with older SR20's just the roller rocker SR20.

EGR hole for header filled by a cut off 02 sensor.

Nice Pioneer radio with dolphins

The little thing is like a go-kart

The bad:

-Passenger window doesnt roll down (no biggie)
-Passenger door panel where you grab door broken
-Needs new tires & tuneup
-Might be needing wheel bearing replacement
-A/C needs to be recharged

Coming Soon:

-Black leather P11 seats ASAP, NX seats are ugly and uncomfortable

But I cant complain for a 13yr old car, im actually surprised at how much fun it is, the shifter almost hits my head as its sooooo long, so a shortshifter is coming in the near future. I might just be keeping my VVL now and dropping it in....hmmmm

It already has a G20.net sticker on it :lick:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
haha i love eggs. good luck with it.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Damn, Dom, nice ride. Congrats. The VE would go perfect with such a light car. Do it!

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
sweet...FL is just full of ballas hahaha always have different cars to play around with :p

·
Registered
102 Posts
You can't stay away from the sr20 I see. That looks like a fun car to drive for now till you get your new car. Hey I love the lights and the intake. Thanks again for them. I have to come by to see the car one of these days.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will be modded for sure, VVL most likely, its already in the garage anyway.

Im glad you are happy with the lights and the intake Fabio! Those are truly one of the best mods ever.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Jon, NX2k's are the shizzle! Very fun little car

LuciferBlkG20 said:
Sweet Find! Where in FL are you? You know about www.FloridaSR20s.com ?
Im in Pembroke Pines, of course I know Serban and the crew dude, im under the G20 on boost. The Blue one

·
The G20 hoarder
2,279 Posts
nice, id much rather would have liked to see you in a p11 daily driver and a G35 cruiser. but to each his own. cool car nonetheless, still in the family.

jorge

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
great find man! but alas...

kev i hate you =(

i still to this day miss my two eggs.

so when you sell it.. you know who to call =) (not jokeing... a good egg is hard to find)

get on the vw lights conversion! and toss in the ve! its going to be one fell of a beast!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
If the T-top ever leaks, my buddy with an MR2 just sprayed this silicon stuff.
It makes your rubber weather seal become flexible again. Seemed to solve the
problem for him without having to buy new seals.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sixnineG said:
nice, id much rather would have liked to see you in a p11 daily driver and a G35 cruiser. but to each his own. cool car nonetheless, still in the family.

jorge
Yeah me too, but I need the money from the P11 to get the G35S to reasonable comfortable payments

Corrosion said:
great find man! but alas...

kev i hate you =(

i still to this day miss my two eggs.

so when you sell it.. you know who to call =) (not jokeing... a good egg is hard to find)

get on the vw lights conversion! and toss in the ve! its going to be one fell of a beast!
Thanks Dan, yes this thing is pretty clean. It needs a little bit of love and care and it will definitely get that from me, its funny, the VE motor is calling to me already especially because its just a drop in on the NX not a PITA like in the 2000+ P11's.

Ak1m0to said:
If the T-top ever leaks, my buddy with an MR2 just sprayed this silicon stuff.
It makes your rubber weather seal become flexible again. Seemed to solve the
problem for him without having to buy new seals.
Thanks bud, they dont leak, and I might be buying extra t-tops just in case from an sr20forum member.

·
JDMike!!!
5,663 Posts
the more i look at the NX...the more i like it...i wasn't a fan of the front end...but i sorta like it now...i also heard they tend to overheat a lot because they don't have enough ventilation...can't wait to see what u do...

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts