Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few questions. Greddy and Trust are the same company? i got my Greddy MX exhaust today but all over the box said Trust MX on it. nowhere on the exhaust does it say greddy. everything is in jappaense on the manuals and the exhaust is round like the evo. here are some pictures if anyone can give me any fino please do. i want to know if this is the greddy MX or not

exhaust pics

HELP clear this up.

i wnat teh damn exhaust to say greddy on it :mad:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Greddy = Trust on the MX

I can't find it now, but I could have swore I saw someone state that the Greddy MX is made by Trust. If I recall correctly, they also said the Greddy is the U.S. name for the Trust line of products from Japan.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Yes, Trust and Greddy are the exact same company, one is the Japanese side (Trust) and the other is the US Side (Greddy). The Greddy/Trust MX catback for the P10 will bolt right up to your car.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think I need a new exhaust pipe :.( and mind as well changing everything. How much did you spend on that? I'm just looking for simple and not to expensive stuff. I want something that I could do it myself without any modification at all and save me labor as much as possible. $350. would be the total max. cost. I know it's a pain to remove those rusty bolts under. Thanks folks ;)

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its a cat-back so its more then just a rear section. it cost me 511 shipped. you can get the remus exhaust verry good as well from www.nopi.com for $350 its just a rear section if you need the piping from teh cat back you need that made witch will run aboutt 500ish total. i needed all that piping so thats why i went and got the greddy. i dint want to be bothered with fininding a place to make a custom cat-back pipe. but i do like my greddy

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks 95 G20! I think the problem I have is only after the long pipe (intermediate pipe). So it would be the exhaust and the tail pipe that I would need. I'm going to check the intermediate pipe if it's still in good condition(I hope!). You said you are getting it done? Would I be able to put it myself? I'm sure I could do it but what are the hidden obstacles? I want to make sure I have the complete stuff and no alterations on the pipe whatsoever before I do it. I want to make sure that if I get the Greddy or other alternative exhaust, I wouldn't have to do anything besides bolting it on and done! The right gasket, etc. I'm just kind'a
scared not to be able to remove those freakin' rusted bolts. Do you think Liquid Nail would loosen them? O.k. folks, for those of you who install your exhaust system..., speak to me ;)

Thanks folks in advance :nervous:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no hidden obsticlas with the greddy straight bolt on perfect fit. i dint do it myself tho i had my mechanic do it. no i am not gettin custom piping done. i got my greddy/trust MX from www.eautoworks.com. you prob can put it on urslef if you can get the car highenough to stry under for a period of time. no extra piping needed when ording the greddy. use a big socket wrengh when trying to remove the bolts it will be much easier.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks a lot Blaze for your infos. I appreciate it very much ;)
I just visited eworks and it seems that the price is very fair and reasonable compare to Nopi. Right now it's $467.00. and I'm very tempted to click the buy button. One more question. In the picture of their site, how come your immediate pipe is different than theirs? Is it because they have the picture as a general picture of the exhaust system( a sample)? Just wondering because I don't think the immediate pipe have those muffler looking thing in the middle?

I really don't have money for that but my exhaust system is getting a horrable sound. It sounds good to start, but when I go off and run it, it has a cracking and ripping sounds. I'm starting to get embarrased.

I'll give it a good thought and let you guys know what's up. I just don't have time to look at it because it's very hectic for me this week because of school and work. I might just bond it for now or what ever I could do temporarily.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah that oicture is just a generla picture from another cars MX setup the one in my pics is the exact one you will recive. yeah i was confused when i got mine because it dindt look anything like that picture one buts is all good now

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had a chance today to see where's the noise is coming from and I found out that it was coming from the connection between the immediate pipe and the muffler pipe. It could be that the seal or the bolts are broken. When I let the engine running, I could see some water droping in between the connection and some were sprinkling probably from the vibration of the pipe. When I tried to lift the muffler pipe, the noise was diminished. It was really tight under by just using a hydaulic jack. I'm telling you, that's one in my list when I get my new house, a car lift built in my garage.

Thanks again Blaze ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts