Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its not exactly new, its slightly used, its a 1997 JDM Roller Rocker SR20 thats very clean. The motor came off a 1997 automatic P11 in Japan (dude took the tranny off). LanceSR20 with the VVL on boost from the sr20forums will be building this motor. Pistons, rods, rings, headgasket, girdle, bearings, etc... Basically building it like a DET (8:5:1 comp). I was going to do this anyway, so I might as well do it now.

Yes it has SIDE FEED injectors and revs up to 7200RPM and has no EGR

·
Registered
411 Posts
nice! hope everything goes well for you.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Nice one, look fwd to "How To" on the engine rebuild ;) out of curiosity I have a 97 UK SR20 RR engine Im rebuilding for my turbo project and I notice your having a main beam girdle put in, the UK RR sr20 dosnt have one either, can you give any more info on fitting one??? eg where are you sourcing it from, does it bolt straight in? sorry for the hijack

·
Registered
270 Posts
very jealous. wish i had the knowledge to buy and install a new motor!!!! keep us updated

·
Registered
755 Posts
That looks clean indeed. But it brings up one thing in my head. Are the european GT-engines the only ones with the 7500rpm limiter?
I though that engine you have there came with 150hp from the factory..but mayeb it's a 9,5:1 engine originally..I dont know :)
Clean motor none the less, and I'm sure that baby will breathe like crazy when she's done :)

And while we're at it..what's a "girdle"?

·
Registered
834 Posts

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dulle said:
That looks clean indeed. But it brings up one thing in my head. Are the european GT-engines the only ones with the 7500rpm limiter?
I though that engine you have there came with 150hp from the factory..but mayeb it's a 9,5:1 engine originally..I dont know :)
Clean motor none the less, and I'm sure that baby will breathe like crazy when she's done :)

And while we're at it..what's a "girdle"?
No they are not, some non GT roller motors also rev up there (either 7200RPM or 7500RPM). They dont all come off the Primera, this motor can also be found in the Bluebird.

The girdle thing....im looking for the proper explanation online ill get back to you

phat_gadgy said:
Nice one, look fwd to "How To" on the engine rebuild ;) out of curiosity I have a 97 UK SR20 RR engine Im rebuilding for my turbo project and I notice your having a main beam girdle put in, the UK RR sr20 dosnt have one either, can you give any more info on fitting one??? eg where are you sourcing it from, does it bolt straight in? sorry for the hijack
Lance will be handling the girdle issue, ill keep yall updated as the progress begins.

Koojo said:
Nice man! So gonna ditch the RR? When do you plan on having this thing built and ready to go?
Ditch the RR? No man not at all, this IS an RR, but it will be built to handle some serious boost.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thaa said:
Intentional or unintentional crotch-shot?

:lol:
Oh wow I just noticed that! But of course only you would notice that :naughty: just playing dude! haha :smile:

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Dude !

Why did you dispose of the other motor ? When are we going to see this one at work ?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Good to hear everythig is going well as of now, BTW how or where did you got that sitcker? (the one that says SR20DET Twin Cam Turbo).....Keep us updated with the progress :thumbsup:

Rob

·
Registered
834 Posts
Domiken said:
But of course only you would notice that :naughty: just playing dude! haha :smile:

Haha, I'm so cheap. Should have seen me sunday afternoon when I couldn't find my boxers after an "away game"... :lick:

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Loek said:
Dude !

Why did you dispose of the other motor ? When are we going to see this one at work ?
I didnt, its still in the car and starts and everything, the old one will be an all parts motor :nerd: This one is getting built as soon as I receive the parts, im ordering them today or tomorrow.

Tomas you are too funny! :geezer:

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
G20Touring said:
why didint u just buy a det wouldnt it be cheaper?
Because I need the car to run soon, and the only DET I would ever get would be a W11 Avenir as its the newest one, those retail (a long block that is) for $1200, with the turbo stuff around $1800-$2000 and they were NOWHERE to be found in Florida out of the 20 shops I called everyone only had U12 or U13's or GTiR's. So lets break it up:

$600 for JDM RR motor (low miles)
$200 for NEW DET pistons
$100 ARP studs
$160 for DET rods
$120 for girdle
$160 for bearings (est.)
$120 for cometic headgasket

$1460 plus the same amount of labor of sticking the head of a DET carefully. So im getting a motor that is basically new, with new internals, made exactly like a DET with a nice roller rocker cammed head. Not bad IMO.

·
Registered
253 Posts
boost boost boost you have to love it :cruisin:

It's all worth it in the end bro

jason.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts