1. Removed the fugly front/rear stock bumpers.
2. Rebuilt both carbs. Replaced air filter, spark plugs, spark plug wires, oil, filter, etc. General tuneup. Still runs kinda sloppy but better than before.
3. Took apart the entire rear end, powdercoating all parts flat black, replacing all bushings with ES inserts. Chem-dipped all bolts to clean them up.
4. Cleaned and flushed diff, refilled with Redline Heavy Shockproof
5. Disassembled doors, cleaned lock mechanisms and replacing window seals. Probably won't reassemble until I get the doors stripped and painted.
6. Removed cracked center console. Replaced shifter boots.
7. Cut off rear drum brakes, stripped most of the rear brake lines so they have to be replaced.
8. Pulled worn out front brake booster, master cylinder.
9. Pulled front brakes, replaced with Wilwood Forged Superlite calipers, 1.25" thick rotors (doubling size with less weight than stock).
10. Cleaned off gobs of crappy undercoating, stripping all front suspension parts and powdercoating flat black. Replaced all front suspension bushings with ES inserts.
- Replace all brake hard lines, install brake proportioning valve and new MC/booster. Will try to make the P11 booster/MC fit. 300ZX 11.4" rear rotors and P11 rear calipers in the rear. Once brakes are done the car should be driveable again.
- New 16" rims with 225/245 tires
- Cut out rusted metal under battery tray and weld in replacement
- Strip interior down to bare metal, reprime and spray with sound deadener. Replace dash, console, door panels, steering wheel, carpet, etc. Not sure yet about replacing the seats.
- Install Arizona Z Car coilovers
- Considering stitch welding much of the underbody
- Strip exterior, smooth and blend body and repaint. Gotta choose a nice lower front valence. Havent decided on a color yet.
- Replace all rubber seals.
- Install LSD (may upgrade to R200 diff as well)
- Install new motor. Can't decide between SR20DET and RB25DET. Will probably go with RB even though it's more expensive and probably more difficult to maintain, just because I6's are cooler than I4's. Will not go domestic -- gotta keep it all Nissan/Datsun.
Im sure I've forgotten a lot, but thats the general plan (in order). Right now the poor girl's been on jackstands for over a month since I've ripped out all the brakes. Brakes is probably priority #1 right now.