1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
engine:
Sr20ve, Sr16 cams, Masworx head studs,SR20VET Metal headgasket

Engine management:
Nismotronic, 93 octane/ E85 map, no Maf!!!!

Turbo stuff:
PTE 6262 .63 a/r back housing Vband, Custom made exhaust manifold, Tial 38mm wastegate, turbo blanket, 3'' downpipe, jet hot coat and wrap manifold, BKR7E spark plugs, Aeromotive sleath 340 fuel pump, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Meth injection kit, Greddy Type-S Bov

need help deciding what cluch and p/p to go with, this will be kinda of daily drivin, but not abused.

not going into the bottom end on this one, jus tryin to get to the mid 400's safely

any recommendations are appreciated thanks

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
I use a stock 350z clutch I. My daily. It's a really good clutch if you use a 6speed.
It is the same clutch used in the car since say one of it's Trans swap. Which has been a very long time.

Be sure to seal the threads and but where the for is adjusted after final setting.
Aromotive leaks boost their. Not a hole lot but no one wants their for diagram leaking

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use a stock 350z clutch I. My daily. It's a really good clutch if you use a 6speed.
It is the same clutch used in the car since say one of it's Trans swap. Which has been a very long time.

Be sure to seal the threads and but where the for is adjusted after final setting.
Aromotive leaks boost their. Not a hole lot but no one wants their for diagram leaking
ok cool, how much power are you putting down???

also thanks I will make sure we do that

·
Registered
352 Posts
What kind of turbo blanket did you use and where did you get it?

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
IM not putting down much power cerently however a customers g35 had put down 400who I. It's stock clutch for over a year. Now really TQ is what kills the clutch so given you have a ve you will be less likely to shread a clutch.

I did think of upgrading my disc when IM done rebuilding the DE for it.

An eat on the current power is around 260/270whp I'll expect 300 whp when the new exhaust is made.
And dynotuned and possibly 320 to 330 with cams and tune at around.d 10psi

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
IM not putting down much power cerently however a customers g35 had put down 400who I. It's stock clutch for over a year. Now really TQ is what kills the clutch so given you have a ve you will be less likely to shread a clutch.

An eat on the current power is around 260/270whp I'll expect 300 whp when the new exhaust is made.

IM not at all pushing my set up by any means. It's current is aveneir with log mani 3inch dp presicion 3inch thick short intercooler Garret gt2871 r .86ar turbine t2 crushbent 2.5inch exhuast silvia s13 ecu with nistune nismo740 injectors z32 maf. Waste gate set to run 10psi no boost controller. Aem water method injection small nozzle maxed with 50percent filtered tap water and 50percent vp methonal but volume.

Running my 1/2 hour base street tune for now

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

ok cool bro.....thanks for the heads up on the fpr
What kind of turbo blanket did you use and where did you get it?
I got my last one from a local speed shop.......but i could find a website that has them for ya.....if u want

ok cool....i didnt know we could that set up.....good to know

IM not at all pushing my set up by any means. It's current is aveneir with log mani 3inch dp presicion 3inch thick short intercooler Garret gt2871 r .86ar turbine t2 crushbent 2.5inch exhuast silvia s13 ecu with nistune nismo740 injectors z32 maf. Waste gate set to run 10psi no boost controller. Aem water method injection small nozzle maxed with 50percent filtered tap water and 50percent vp methonal but volume.

Running my 1/2 hour base street tune for now
ok thats whats up......where did u get you meth kit
Competition Clutch Stage 4 or Clutchmasters FX500
i ended up getting the fx500
not yet atleast

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
I got the water meth kit second hand of a customer that wrecked his Subaru.

But I fried the controller much later on a accident (me rushing) I ordered the new controller my self and I used spare method hard tube we had around the shop from snow performance stuff.

Any performance parts shipment get aem can get it for you.

I pick the meth up local at vp race fuels right by my home. In 5gallon pale vp m1

I do this line of work professionally so I can order almost anything. But IM not on the sales side of things

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Who's doing your swap?
sorry jus now seein this post.....but my good friend Kaniel did my swap and my friend Kevin is building the mani
Looks slow! What happened to your other account dude?
lol!!! its a long story bro, hopefully I can get them merged soon

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know you recently swapped in a ve motor, now did the old (stock) fans work with the ve? If yes then then problem lies on the new fans. Maybe wrong power specs.
yea, my stock fan worked fine after the VE swap, and these new slim fans work fine when you give them power....jus not with the stock fan harness

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.