Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order to save a bit of money on my next and upcoming project, i enlisted the help of my good friend Dave Eastern, who works as a fabricator. I showed his a couple of pics of the FMAX T3 manifold and asked if he could make me one. Heres a link to the results so far.

the 4 branches have been temporarily tacked to the flange so that in future, i can reduce the depth of it. I feel it may stick out too much from the engine which will cause the turbo to sit incorrectly.

Also, if you notice on the FMAX manifold, there are some cuts between each port of the flange plate, do you think i should add them into the replica? is this for expansion purposes?

Now all that remains is to weld the turbo and the wastegate flange on when i get round to buying them.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
P11GT said:
Also, if you notice on the FMAX manifold, there are some cuts between each port of the flange plate, do you think i should add them into the replica? is this for expansion purposes?
That is looking nice!!! Think about putting the turbo flange in the center of the manifold, if you have room.

On the 4 piece flange, I would think this is so the fanifold seats properly with two bolts on each flange. If it were one piece you have the pressure of all the bolts stressing the plate...I doubt it makes any difference....hope fully Louis or Geo will comment here...

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
i say add the cuts and
i hope the internal measurements are accurate but u prob got the measurements before replicating it it looks good so far
good replica thumbs up
casual

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
You're definitely taking steps in the right direction. Get rid of that Deltagate, though; they're utter shite. Grab a TiAL 35mm and be done with it. And yes, the slits seperating the ports on the flange are important. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts