Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the disc back on 4/19/06 and it blew on 1/12/07, and it hasn't been a full year too. I had no problems with the clutch really. It grabbed good and it grabbed hard. I was told that its rated for 295tq but apparently it didn't hold up the the VE's 140tq. Kind of disappointed on how the clutch disc went out on me before a year. Had no signs of the clutch not working properly, it just blew! I chirped 2nd and blew on 3rd... simple as that... I need to get a disc that won't blow when i hit VVL dammit! haha!

The damage: damage on ALL 6 springs! On top of that, the middle of the clutch disc, the teeth are completely sheered smooth! Glad my axel had no damage!

·
Registered
590 Posts
I still see bits of teeth left. I don't think the VVL is doing it for you. Time to get something that roars more!!!

LoL.. just kidding man. Looks like your old one that went bad.. when all the springs where gone.. lol

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Go for ACT hd pp with a six puck sprung disc. Feel great, and said to hold 308tq.

And no, the puck is not harsh at all. I thought the same, but was begged by UrbanRacerOne to get it. =)

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im actually keeping SPEC's PP cause it just feels damn right AWESOME. Just like stock. But im throwing in a b15 disc. I talked to several VE owners and it holds up, even with track abuse. So happens i have a spare too :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
ERIKbronx said:
Go for ACT hd pp with a six puck sprung disc. Feel great, and said to hold 308tq.

And no, the puck is not harsh at all. I thought the same, but was begged by UrbanRacerOne to get it. =)

You know Erik that you have to obey to the Master Junior.....lol

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Hmmm, so how did you know it was gone? Other than the obvious slipping. Any symptoms like a loud humming noise when you first start off in first gear or reverse? It's only been in the car for 13 months with 21,000km (13,000mi). I'm not getting any slipping. It started when the cold weather set in (Nov-Dec '06) When I first start off (1st gear or reverse) in the morning or after the car has sat for awhile. Of course once everything get heated up after driving, the noise goes away. I have NEVER hear this noise before on any other clutch I've had. That's the issue I'm having. I did a quick search over on sr20forums and found a thread with people having issues with Spec clutches. It seems that the issue has to do with the damn friction disk failing as well. With that said, any recommendations on what friction disk to get? I think keeping the PP will be fine. Since I'll be in there, I'll install an OEM throw-out bearing as well.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Automatic anyone? ;)

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Mautai916 said:
actually that's what i wanna do. I love my stage 2 PP, its the disc that failed. I have a act PP rite now and its a bit heavy when compared to the spec.... spec feels like stock.. haha~
So you've installed the ACT disk? How much did it set you back?

Anyone else? Any suggestions on a different disk? It's my daily driver so I don't want to go to anything to severe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts