Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, its not too too cold out today, pretty normal for winter.. About 30 degrees out or so. Apparently there were a few flurries last night, which melted and my window was frozen shut. No big deal, I'll just wait until the car warms up..

Personally, I like the cold. I love cold air. Plus it helps wake me up in the AM, so I went to open the sunroof, but it was frozen and stuck... so I pushed the button the other way, and popped it UP instead.

No problems right? Well, I get to work, go to close it again, and get out of the car. As I get out, I notice the sunroof didn't close... only one side came down, the other one didn't move. I look in the track and I can see a broken part inside the track itself. :( And I can't close the damn sunroof. Its only the moonroof pop-up, so its not entirely open, but still. I'm gonna have to get this damn thing closed, and find a way to fix it. A friend of mine who is a service advisor for Infiniti, said that the sunroof "parts" are not available. An entire assembly is required, at a dealer cost of $2800... his cost is still $1000.

This fucking sucks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
yeah i have the same exact problem with my sunroof it only opens for the moonroof and when i try to close it only the passanger side shuts...(mine was from high speeds though). they gave me a quote of 2100 over at the infiniti dealer by me

·
Registered
201 Posts
MoTown said:
yeah i have the same exact problem with my sunroof it only opens for the moonroof and when i try to close it only the passanger side shuts...(mine was from high speeds though). they gave me a quote of 2100 over at the infiniti dealer by me

That's a steal!

·
Registered
472 Posts
shit get that thing closed yourself and don;t touch until it gets warm again better then paying 1000 for that . just spray some wd40 in that tracks dirt usually makes it hard for it to close and if there is any little pressure on the tracks to close it won't close at all check both side when it closes and see what the one works does and compare it to the one that is broken.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have seen sunroof assemblies go for around 100 dollars on some part-outs here. Keep your eyes open and you will find what you need. Force that bitch shut. Who cares what you break at this point.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a guy in NJ who will sell me his for 100$.

Mine is the same problem, pass side won't close when the moonroof is open.

So yea. DON'T use your sunroof until your car is warm! At least on a P11.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
citystreetsbimmer said:
you should be able to manually close it with an aleen key if you expose teh motor.

Nope. The part that broke is the one that actually moves the glass, so even doing it manually doesn't close it. I'll have to figure it out when I get home. The glass comes out with four screws easily.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found someone selling a complete sunroof assembly like an hour away from me, for 100$. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts