Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Lord Crodz
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gurlies, so after finally driving my car hard after adding some things and adjusted things I decided to make a thread reviewing my suspension.

First off I have a 2002 5port with 111K Miles. Stock Brakes(for now), Stock Clutch, AEM CAI, Advanced Timing 19*, and a Mild grounding Setup. I have 2005 17" Spec-V Wheels with 215/45/17 Fuzion HRI Rubber that need replacing pretty soon.

The Equiptment

-Tein Super Street Coilover
-Stillen Front Sttrut Tower Bar
-Octotat Rear Strut Tower Bar
-Fuzion HRI 215/45/17 Tires
*Rear Sway Bar is next up*

My first impression on the Tein SS were :knockout: WOW :knockout:, they were everything I expected and more. I adjusted the dampening to 8 in the back and 6 in the front. They are very much like the stock ride and definatly hold up to the "Super Street" name. Although the stock like comfort, on the turns they hug the road tight with minimal amount of oversteer. On bumps they absorb the impact with a quick controlled feel. I would compare the ride to a BMW M3 or a 350z with more comfort but the same sporty feel. They are the best thing I have done to my car. Worth every penny.

The Stillen FSTB(Front Strut Tower Bar) is more eye candy than a suspension upgrade. If anything I can say the front end feels more solid. Not much more to say about it, but I love the way it looks.

I recently installed my Octotat RSTB(Rear Strut Tower Bar). I can honestly say it made a big difference in the oversteer problem and made the car feel more solid. On turns the car seems to follow through more than before, makes the rear end feel more connected to the front. Definatly worth the money. Huge cornering upgrade.

When I bought my wheels they came with Fuzion HRI 215/45/17 tires. I noticed right away that the passenger side tires were mounted backwards and the tread was opposite what it should be(installers fault). To be blunt, these tires are terrible. The cornering on them is scary and the sidewalls aren't very stiff. I will never buy Fuzion tires again. Let me say this one thing, Tires are one of the most important things for the car and make a huge difference in overall performance.

Overall, my car handles EXCELLENT, better than alot of cars I have driven. With better tires, I could take 90* turns at over 50MPH. Love the feel of all the mods I have done, Just wish it was faster...but thats another issue that will soon be dealt with.

I know most of you are not going to read any of this because it is alot but I was bored and after driving today, I was inspired to share with the world my take on my suspension setup. Hopefully this will help someone that is unsure as to what to do with their suspension.

Well enough of all of that, this was really a disguise to post some new pics I took. Some are kinda grainy, I took them pretty quick ENJOY AND THANKS FOR READING!!!

just where she sleeps

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Thats gonna be overstretching the tires to hell...i would say a 17x8 at the most for a 215 width tire.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
ohhh very nice! i like pic#2
good suspension review. i have pretty much the same setup with different
strut bars and tires :) i like how you mentioned the quick response over bumps
with the Tein SS. the rebound on these coilovers is phenomenal. i need to pick
up a rear sway bar too

·
Dude, your bed is a car..
4,567 Posts
man, i gotta to that fog light bypass. hot looking car you got bro

·
Lord Crodz
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats gonna be overstretching the tires to hell...i would say a 17x8 at the most for a 215 width tire.
Would that rim fit on my car though? I don't think anyone has evAr put 17x9" wheel on a P11.

tits!!!

i love the black mouth!!
gracias cunado!

ohhh very nice! i like pic#2
good suspension review. i have pretty much the same setup with different
strut bars and tires :) i like how you mentioned the quick response over bumps
with the Tein SS. the rebound on these coilovers is phenomenal. i need to pick
up a rear sway bar too
Thanks Nick. Yea I love the feel of going over bumps, so much control. If you get a sway bar before me, lmk how it feels.

man, i gotta to that fog light bypass. hot looking car you got bro
Thanks, the bypass was easy as tits.

sway bar is up homie!!!!

i need coils im jell
thanks, I'm jelous of how clean your car paint is though! get some SS stAt!

·
Lord Crodz
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im loving the polished VC and the lip on the trunk...

p11 +1
p10 -1
Yup, had to clean up me engine bay from when my radiator fluid splashed everywhere and ended up poilshing some things. Super easy and I like how it looks. thanks kiddy

·
Registered
688 Posts
i liky your caa

·
Lord Crodz
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^anytime...seriously what you doing this weekend? i want to lower my car more...

·
Lord Crodz
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^one of a kind*

haa no it's ericdd CF Rear lip that was on his car...vewy vewy exclusive:shhh:

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts