Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup yall jus got my viper installed at my local circuit siyt...and its a bad ass alarm i think that anyone whose looking for a good fun alarm needs to look into this viper...the remote start is jus bad ass...sensitivity is very good...im very pleased and in a good mood so i jus wanted to let yall kno...see ya

·
Registered
626 Posts
i've got the same alarm im my p10. its great, i kow when winter hits im gonna be glad i got that remote start.

·
Registered
626 Posts
install an alarm my self? hell no, im not that good. it was $325.00 installed

the guy wanted 375 at first but i talked him down.

my mother claims she got it for $275 installed at this other place but i dunno about that one.

but hey it works great and the remote start it awsome.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Hell yea I am going to look into that. With that alarm is it one of those ones that beeps when you get to close? Or is it just normal one and has remote start?

·
Registered
626 Posts
it comes with alot of options.i dont think it can beep if you get close, you have to buy some kinda add on for it. if you look at the instruction manual it explains all the options and add ons

·
Registered
886 Posts
:cool:
hello there. i'm kinda interested with your alarm system. anyway you can share some of its features. i have a concept 200 by clifford. its a good alarm and had it only for months. i'm interested with the remote start though. by the way, did they have a hard time installing it? they installed mine five times before they have everything working. maybe its because i have a 2002. well, i hope u can share the list of features. tnx

·
Registered
626 Posts
nah, installation when smoothly, except when the guy was trying to get the remote trunk opener to work. i keep the switch in the glove box off so no one can steal the system i have in the trunk :) . took the guy over an hour to find the switch.

·
Registered
50 Posts
reply to stealt's question

I have sold these alarms for 3 years and they run from about 400-550 installed depending on places you go to. DEI the company that makes them will not let them be sold over the counter (as for you hooking it up your self) because one it voids the warranty and two the stores that sell them have more profit in the labor than the markup on the alarms themselves. One of the things we hated most was a customer that bought a bulldog, or a cheap alarm, tried (the key word) to install it themselves and then come whining to us when we told them it would be 100-200 dollars to do it right. this alarm is about 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours maybe more depending on the car. by the way, i have the same alarm and it is kick asssss!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: reply to stealt's question

krylon's g20 said:
I have sold these alarms for 3 years and they run from about 400-550 installed depending on places you go to. DEI the company that makes them will not let them be sold over the counter (as for you hooking it up your self) because one it voids the warranty and two the stores that sell them have more profit in the labor than the markup on the alarms themselves. One of the things we hated most was a customer that bought a bulldog, or a cheap alarm, tried (the key word) to install it themselves and then come whining to us when we told them it would be 100-200 dollars to do it right. this alarm is about 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours maybe more depending on the car. by the way, i have the same alarm and it is kick asssss!!!!!!!
This is all very true. Lowest price according to my DEI rep that I am allowed to charge is $349.

BTW on a G20 or most Nissans....1-1.5hrs to do a 550.

For the "chirps" when you get close, this is a 508D proximity sensor, it also does full siren when you stick an object inside the vehicle. The other form of "chirps" is a warn away or progressive trigger. If you hit the car (not too hard) or open the door when the alarm is armed, if will chirp several times. This is included with your alarm, as an option easily done by a shop, or read your manual on how to activate. Default setting is ON. Takes about 2mins with a DEI Bitwriter (programmer) at the shops.

Circuit city,Best Buy, etc...show the Viper, and on ALOT of occasions do NOT install it. Rather use a Hornet 553T. Both made by DEI, and the exact same thing for the most part, BUT only 1 year warranty. They figure YOU will never know the difference.
The viper and Hornet remotes both work together, so Yes you can still have a remote that says Viper.

--Don

·
Registered
562 Posts
When you remote lock it does it go 'Beep Beep'? Ya know what I mean.

·
Registered
12 Posts
InfinitiLvr said:
When you remote lock it does it go 'Beep Beep'? Ya know what I mean.

Yes, one chirp for arming/locking, and two chirps for disarming/unlocking. Also when disarming/unlocking there may be more chirps meaning that one of the sensors has been activated. The number of chirps will tell you which one.

--Don

1 - 13 of 13 Posts