Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday some jerk (Accord) decides to run a stop sign, crossing into the path of my wife's car. She slammed on the brakes (ABS!) and luckily slowed down enough to avoid any injury. She pretty much t-boned/sideswiped the other car. Her G doesn't look so pretty anymore. The airbags didn't deploy so that's probably a good thing. My wife was pretty shaken up, but she's fine now thank goodness :) The other guy admitted fault and there were two witnesses. Since there were no injuries and the other party admitted fault, local PD declined to do a police report.

So the damage;

My initial estimate is about 5k, but it may be more once they take everything apart and measure the frame. The radiator & AC condenser weren't punctured/broken. But the support/hood latch area is pretty mangled. I'm worried that the shop will have a hard time matching the color (millennium jade) since it's a metallic and I don't want half the car to look "off" at different angles :-\ Does anyone know how much it would be for the insurance company total a 2000 G20t (auto) out? I'm meeting with my insurance adjuster this Friday. It's been a nightmare with the other guy's insurance and it's only been one day.

His and Hers no more? *sniff*

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
pretty sure they will fix that, pending frame inspection

·
I met Gate Cat
4,436 Posts
Nope, doesn't look that bad at all. When I rear ended someone, the damage was far worse, headlights gone, bumper jacked, hood crunched, radiator cracked, a couple more things under the hood too, but everything worked out. I brought it to a shop that did a lot of work on my old accord and when it came out it looked mint.

Total costs for repair = Around 7-8k for me, thank god for being fully covered.

·
I met Gate Cat
4,436 Posts
SuperblkStalion said:
i concur, go jdm Luis.
I don't think Luis wants to go and get a JDM bumper if it's going to be on his WIFE's car. What would be the point then? He wouldn't enjoy the luxuries of being able to tell his friends, YEEEAH, I got a JDM bumper... but it's on my wife's car. FTL.

:D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hiimj0ne said:
I don't think Luis wants to go and get a JDM bumper if it's going to be on his WIFE's car. What would be the point then? He wouldn't enjoy the luxuries of being able to tell his friends, YEEEAH, I got a JDM bumper... but it's on my wife's car. FTL.

:D
Yes, very true haha. My wife wouldn't appreciate it anyway. Yeah we went ahead and filed the claim with our insurance. The other guy's insurance was upset about that but screw it. I can't wait for them to get off their asses and interview everyone and assign fault for themselves. I'll let my insurance company duke it out with them. Worst that can happen is that we'll be responsible for the deductible until something gets worked out. This was our only automatic car, so I need to get it fixed or replaced asap.

·
I met Gate Cat
4,436 Posts
Lu:s said:
I'll let my insurance company duke it out with them. Worst that can happen is that we'll be responsible for the deductible until something gets worked out.
That is actually probably the smartest thing to do, that way at least everything will be documented by your insurance company, so in the end the other party won't try to screw you over.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.