Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CEL throwing no codes, sevearly rough idle, every morning when car is started and put into gear it stalls, when it does drive extreamly poor acceleration, did a complete tune up, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, air filter, oil change, cleaned egr valve, new catalatic converter, put good gas in, fuel injector cleaner, cleaned the throttle body havnt checked timing yet, car does have 200+ kms on it but is still mint, I really want to save this ride, hoping its not something major, pleas anyone help me

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
maf sensor?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no chech engine light on, no codes being thrown, if it was the mass air flow sensor , wouldnt the diagonistic have picked it up

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the no check engine light, and no results on diagonistic ruel out all faulty sensors, or could it still be a sensor

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have checked almost all sensor wires and harneses, also totally checked the vacume hoses, to make sure they are not un-hooked or cracked, everything looked good

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Run a compression check. Could be head gasket.

Also check for a blocked exhaust.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
was reading a similar thred, said to clean IAC valve and AAC valve, what are these and where are they located, also re-grounding the MAF sensor, and plugging off the fuel pressure regulator hose and air regularor cannister hose to see if a problem exists with the flow through those hoses

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Do a search on IAC and AAC. There are many posts with lots of info. Get a FSM to see pics and how to diag.

See: http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48179

The compression issue (which I don't think is your problem) is either rings or valves. You know there is a prob when one or more cylinders shows compression below specs. You can differentiate between bad valves and rings by squirting some oil in the cylinder and checking compression again. If it is bad rings, the oil will seal them up a little and the compression will test a little better. If it is valves, it will not change.

·
Registered
504 Posts
It may be iac or acc, but also sounds to me like one or more bad fuel injectors which seem to be a little weak on these cars. Simple resistance test at each fuel injector or listen with stethoscope when running to hear if one is not working. It may be harder to test with low port engine.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
my bad maf at first did not throw a cel.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
p11driver said:
If you have worn piston rings,will the cylinders still pass a compression test
No they will not pass. The compression you listed is very good.

·
Registered
288 Posts
did u do a static compression test or dynamic?
an engine can pass a static compression test, but still fail a dynamic one, so better do both!
and i have also see a bad maf not throwing a cel

those compression number are very good however, i just did a static compression test and i got 150 across the board (good)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, just cleaned the pcv, acc, iac, valves, problem is still there, I unplugged the maf sensor and the engine seemed to idle fine but would start to cut out when holding it at 2000 rpms, when I unplugged it, the service engine light came on, when plugged back in, the light still remains on, could this indicate a faulty maf, or did iI just trigger the light when I unplugged it. Also I think I may have found something that indicates a major problem, when I remove the oil cap off the valve cover there is a tonne of pressure coming out, and oil starts spitting out, please reply

·
looking for a can opener
2,399 Posts
you threw the light when you unplugged the MAF. The whole car stalling when you put it in gear sounds like a MAF problem, compression issues wont do that. & Oil is suppose to spit out with the cap off

1 - 20 of 30 Posts