Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 2 amps in my car a 4x75 watt powering my fronts and rears. And a pioneer Amp powering 2 10 inch MTX 6000's in parallel. The amp is not 2 ohm stable but I am running it two ohms anyway. At 4 ohms its 300 watts RMS, so its probably in the range of 500 watts right now at 2 ohms. Anyways when the subs hit with the volume up the lights in my car dim. and I had better not even try using the A/C when I am bumping. So I need a cap, 1 Farad should be good.

I have been browsing looking for 1 Farad capacitors online.
There are so many different brands of capacitors. Is it really going to matter which brand I buy, what do I need to be looking for?

danny

·
Registered
411 Posts
so far the best bang for the buck that i have found is the boss audio digital 1 farad. u can easily find one on ebay.

Vesuvius said:
The amp is not 2 ohm stable but I am running it two ohms anyway. At 4 ohms its 300 watts RMS, so its probably in the range of 500 watts right now at 2 ohms.
danny
just cerious, how hot does ur amp get after runnin it for long periods of time?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just cerious, how hot does ur amp get after runnin it for long periods of time?
At first HOT!. I had the gain all the way up the Amp was just mounted flat to the end of the trunk. After about 20 min of pretty heavy bumping on a hot day I opened trunk, first of all...I could smell it...something was melting or really close to. Next I tried to touch it....it was so hot I couldn't touch it, I had to wait about 10 min with the trunk open to touch it.

I took a 1/4 inch thick piece of peg board and cut it to the size of the original backing of the trunk, then i mounted my amps to it. The amps are mounted with 1/2 nylon spacers to allow air to flow along the back of the amps along with top. I also turned down the gain a bit...roughly 3/4 of max. Now that amp doesn't get too hot. I was going to get a 120 MM fan back there to blow over the amp but as it is, it doesn't need it. If i can keep my amp from sucking the power from the rest of my car i might be able to put gain all the way to full and still keep the amp good, but we will see.

danny

·
Registered
886 Posts
ever thought of installing a separate battery for your system? i had two 1 farad caps before and a yellow top battery for my system but wasn't enough. i added another yellow top separately to power my system and all the problem was gone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts