Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
Looks like I may need a new injector according to infiniti service. They are going to attempt a fuel induction service, but if that does not work, they said I would need to replace the injector. :( They did a computer test that showed 3 cylinders running at 212 and the 4th was at 90. They said it was cylinder #3

I told them to go ahead with the cleaning attempt (150 dollars :confused: )
If that does not work, I guess I will take it to my mechanic to replace the injector. At 62K, do you think its fine to just replace the one? Should I assume the others are on the way out and replace them all?

Does anyone have any new or newer OEM injectors laying around they want to sell? I have a 95G.

Thanks,

·
Registered
973 Posts
id say replace them all or be sorry...

a pain to get to on the lowports....

if you get the car up here id give you a hand...i know its kind of far though

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really appreciate the offer. Yea, I am thinking about doing all four. The remanufactured thing kinda scares me. You feel good about the ones you got? I am actually going to be in Richmond this weekend....Its almost there!

·
Registered
973 Posts
pauley01 said:
I really appreciate the offer. Yea, I am thinking about doing all four. The remanufactured thing kinda scares me. You feel good about the ones you got? I am actually going to be in Richmond this weekend....Its almost there!
Yep, just 76 miles away. Remanned scares me to, but $360 from 4 at Pep Boys + tax was overbearing.

I got rid of the codes and the car runs better after swapping all 4 with remans, but as you can see, I still have problems.

Whether or not it is the injectors, I don't know. I'd still go remanned over used anyday though.

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
$360!!!! Hell NO. Its your lucky day. I have a full set of injectors and O-rings for sale. These are OEM brand new. $150 shipped. There are some pics in my for sale thread but everything is in a bag so its really just a pic of a bag.

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
the problem with replaceing all 4 is cost. new injectors are a bit pricey. I say if they cleaned the injectors than others should be ok. it is not to hard to replace on a low port p10. i have replaced injectors on a low port 200sx wasn't that bad i got paid good time to do it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
P10DET....are highport injectors the same as lowport. I will get Hamzer's if someone can confirm.

Thanks

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am confused. Will they work with my current fuel rail? Could I drop these injectors right in and be fine?

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Okay so I assume they are the same then?

Its interesting when I bought them I didn't even consider whether they were for the lowport or highport. If there is a difference they may very well be for the lowport. I will get the part # for you.

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
yes they will work. the old injecter most likly wont just pop out.
it would be a good idea to replace the 2 orings in the injector and istall it with silcone lubricant

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just need a definite answer Hamzer and I will pay you this evening. I will inlcude an extra 30 bucks so you can ship these to me ASAP. I would like either next day or 2 day if thats cool.

Looking at everythingg20.com, the prices are different for the 92 injectores and the 95 ones, so I am thinking they may be different. If I can get some good solid answers here that they will fit, you will have some cash real soon.

Thanks,

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
The part number I have is 16600-53j03. I think that is it. I wrote it down a while ago so Im not sure. Im gonna pull the box out the closet and get the exact one to be sure. Hang on.

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
That's the right # that is on the injector packaging. I can't figure it out so maybe you want to make a new post about the injectors.

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
I am sure they will fit with out any issues. the price for the other year may just include orings already on them.
I have given high port det injectors to people with low port DE's and none have had a fitment issue's.
if you dont trust my judgement i understand. I would never dreem of leading you in the wrong direction

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
No, I do trust your judgement. I know your a damn good mechanic who is very helpful to many users on this board. I went to SR20 and did some searching too, your right, they will fit.

·
Registered
973 Posts
pauley01 said:
No, I do trust your judgement. I know your a damn good mechanic who is very helpful to many users on this board. I went to SR20 and did some searching too, your right, they will fit.
Glad to see you are sorted. Perfect timing and amicable seller.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
pauley01 said:
No, I do trust your judgement.
Bin the G20 & go .............

:lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts