Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm relatively new to this forum even though I've been all over this forum researching info on my car for months now. So, I have a 95 G20 5sp with: excessive blow-by from the oil cap, oil use (1qt/100miles), valve train noises, white smoke when accelerate, scored/ worn cams, coolant loss, and recently-foam (coolant) on the oil cap. Car has cloth interior and clean. I would like to convert this car into my daily driver. Looks like I need an engine swap. From my search, I can use SR20DE from 91-98, JDM Roller rocker, VE, or DET. I've contacted a member on here about an converted JDM lowport for sale ( 1000miles away with ~90k miles). I also found a USDM 2002 G20 Roller rocker engine locally with ~110k miles. What I would like to know is: the 2002 USDM SR20DE Roller can fit into my car (OBD II) reliably without excessive modification ? The benefits of the 2002 roller are newer, had 5 more hp, and I can pick it up. Mike.com and XxToKeSxX had done JDM roller into their P10. Thanks for the write up. Looking to spend as little as possible and still get reliable ride. Thanks again. :eh: :baffled:HL

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
well if you have real questions and parts shoot me a pm and I will brigten you up. If you re not wnting boost why not do the VE. sounds as though the curent engine had a bd head gasket and started burning the rings with the water that is if you re burning oil now like it looks like you said

·
Registered
526 Posts
^yup exactly what i was going to post.

Time for a rebuild....or atleast a headgasket.

·
Registered
430 Posts
wow id say scew a rebuild or anything of that sort youd be wasting moeny. just get a rebuilt crate motor from nissan. should be able to get one for about 600 bucks

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
I dont think he is getting a rebuilt engine for 600. His cheepest bet is to rebuild the engine he has given he can do the work.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If I was going to do a rebuild, this is what I would do:
1. head rebuild (valve guides to cyl # 2 because of low compression test) others if needed.
2. good used cams - worn at lobes (1-3mil)
3. Pistons and rings if needed. Leak down test?
4. Crank & rod bearings if needed.
5. Water pump
Car already has more than 188k, have overheated. Is this worth it?
Swap posibility: 2002 G20 RR engine w/110k miles (clean inside valve cover) available locally for $400. Just need to swap old intake, injectors, exhaust. I just wanted a reliable ride, no problem down the road, and 5 or more extra horses would be nice. Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just did a leak-down test. All cylinders leak at exhaust valve. Got a 2002 G20 engine and will install soon !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts