Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 Infinity G20t 2.0 4 Cylinder

*THE PROBLEM*

Engine Stumbling at Idle and when maintaining a constant speed, Car stalls in the morning when put into gear and takes several attempts to get it driving, no acceleration unless floored and forced into the passing gear. When giving throttle the rpm's pause for a couple seconds before they drop back down.

New Parts purchased from the dealer

Spark Plugs
Plug Wires
Distributor Cap
Rotor
Fuel Filter
Air Filter
Catalatic converter

Parts and Valves cleaned

Throttle Body
PCV Valve
ACC Valve
MAF Sensor

Tests Performed and passed

Computer Diagonstic Test (No Faulty Sensors)
Compression Test
Cylinder Leak Down Test
Fuel Pressure Test
Ignition Timing
Base Timing

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Have you checked the injector operation? There are posts on how to check the injectors for proper resistance and operation.
Your sure there are no vacuum leaks?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
p11driver said:
Car stalls in the morning when put into gear and takes several attempts to get it driving,
Just saw this and it clicked with me. This screams of a temperature sensor problem. Not the temp sensor for the gauge, but the one for the computer. I think there is also an inlet air temperature sensor. You may wish to try replacing these.

·
Registered
105 Posts
possibly the TPS too.

·
North Star Fighter
3,216 Posts
ECT is Engine Coolant Temprature sensor. IAT is Idle Air Temprature sensor. These are two inputs that the PCM reads to adjust your air/fuel trim. Having the ECT out of whack causes many many strange running problems for the car, namely the ones you have listed above. The IAT can cause similar symptoms, but I'd say ECT before anything else.

·
Registered
926 Posts
any updates on this problem?? i know this thread is old but i searched, and right now I have the exact same problem. car has recently been tuned up so everything has been replaced, and including the fuel pump.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
aw11_p10 said:
any updates on this problem?? i know this thread is old but i searched, and right now I have the exact same problem. car has recently been tuned up so everything has been replaced, and including the fuel pump.
been having the same problem for months now too :(

·
Low is a Lifestyle
3,190 Posts
I had the same problem with my new p11 and I cleaned out the valve body in the tranny , did a tranny flush put new fuids in and problem solved for me ... A tranny flush can remove any sludge you might have and make the tranny fluids cycle more efficiently thru your tranny.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Get your injectors checked out too...... and I hate to say it but CLOGGED AIR FILTER? Take the air filter OUT and see if the problem persists.

Chris

·
Registered
582 Posts
This may or may not be crazy talk but the problem that you described plagued my roomates SE-R until the day it got ROD KNOCK so I would be real careful with it until you get it fixed man.

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts