Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello and say how heavenly this website is. i think i've been reading the forums for over 3 hours now and even missed class rofl but yea great work to those who have but in the time to post such useful information.

Well to start off i have 02 g20, ive but in some work:
- Alpine Speakers all around (replaced Bose)
-Alpine 4 channel Amp for my speackers
-Clarion 1000w amp
-12'' kicker
- Alpine in Dash
- Tints all around
-just replaced all my buld (head lights, fogs, parking light) to get a nice white finish
- just got a nice sport muffler to give it some noise

But here is my problem, i am going crazy loooking for a Cold Air intake i have looked everyone(maybe not everywhere) but seriously i cant find anything just the 2 on ebay that i dont think they are good. so i'm reaching out to my fellow drivers out there for some help i need a CAI and looking for something with a price of less than $175 i better sure i can get something decent for that much.

Another thing i want to do is change the grill, maybe something mish but i rather get the CAI first.

Thanks for your time
Pics will be up soon

Conf
2002 G20 4 LIFE

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jay, to be honest i dont really know what to look for in a CAI or which would fit my car... I'm such a noob, this is my first car, and really want to make it perfect.

Conf

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
The search is your greatest asset here...just about anything you can think of has been covered numerous times. The stickies in each section also hold a plethora of info as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea i know i know these questions have been asked before dont wanna be redundant sorry but i just cant find the right CAI

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
First off welcome to the forum, soon you'll be on more hours during the day then you should but hey it's all good. Yes these questions have been asked and answered more times then we can count but also they have been asked by just about everyone so dont sweat it and you did say you have read for 3 hrs which is more then most people do when the sign up, I know it's more then I did when I joined. Def check out the stickies in each section for the most important info. Most of us have came to the realization that we need to cross reference a Sentra CAI. You may wanna check out the SR20 forum as well. The link is on the left side of the home page. Have fun, welcome again and if you feel like you wanna ask me anything feel free to pm. :smile: D

·
Registered
360 Posts
changing the grille is probably the easiest mod to do..mesh is the easiest, well i mean i used gutter guards (the aluminum type) to make mine and it worked out perfect..if u want i can post some pics of it if ur curious how it came out..good luck with the CAI like everyone else said, search the forum and youll stumble across alot more than you think

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I spend countless over nighters on G20.net and Houston-imports.com.
These forums pwn me, welcome to the board. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the replies i shall continue my search after class and well post pics later, i know this is a stupid question but my 02 is a P11 right?

COnf

·
Registered
2,881 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Also, SR20DE is your engine code, if you haven't picked up on that yet. In this case, and this is pretty much standard with all Nissan engines, the first one or two letters are the engine's family (SR in this case), the number after that (20) is the displacement in liters, so 20=2.0L, and the letters after that designate the different features of that engine. In this case, D and E, which stand for Dual Overhead Camshafts and Electronic Fuel Injection, respectively. Some other common features are V, as in SR20VE, which stands for Variable Valve Lift and Timing, and T, which stands for Turbocharged, as in the SR20DET.

Welcome to the forums!

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
welcome to the forum...

CAI 's have been covered many times.

00+ Sentra GXE 2.0 CAI fit perfectly on a P11. Search eBay for a decent CAI setup...make sure it comes with a MAF adapter. If it doesnt then you could always buy one and do a little modding to make it fit. Also check the for sale sections...SR20forum tends to always have stuff for sale.

Good luck and happy modding.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow thanks for the imput guys, i shall continue my seacrh for a deent CAI, few questions...

whats is a MAF apdater?

ANd Steveg20T can u please post some pics of ur grill so i can get an idea

thank again

Conf

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so i read the forums and ran out to home depot to get some mesh sheets and some black spray paint and primer, going to try to cut up a piece to fit into my lower grill and tie it up with wire ties...what ya'll think?? of couse i'll make sure the wire doesn't show, hopefully it looks tight. as so far as the front grill i was looking on how i would be able to mount it on but i dont know how to get those mounting tabs on it or even where to get them.... so i guess i'll start with the lower till i get more info

Still searching for a CAI, went to the performance store they said $295.... plus installation... i think thats too much...

Conf
02 G20

·
Registered
360 Posts
yeah SgtDgun is right to an extent it does take a good amount of effort and time but in the end its cheap and if done right can look real nice..its all personal preference i suppose but ill get the pics up for you tomorrow after classes

1 - 20 of 31 Posts