Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was planning to clear out my corner. But I have trouble reomving the whole headlight unit. I read the DIY @ g20style, but I couldn't unscrew the long screw that it talked about. The long screw turns, but it can't loosen (don't know why). Also I don't see any long screw on the left head light. Can anybody help me out on how to remove the headlight. A step-by-step intruction would be nice???Also, does anybody know any other way?Like, remove the corner without removing the entire head unit. Thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
don't screw around with that LONG bolt - it will not do anything but maybe screw up your headlight adjustment or something. there are the bolts on top, and another behind the housing, kinda low down that is a bit hard to get to. i can't recall too well, but i think there is one also near the corner lens on the inside. anyway, once you get all the bolts out, you need to do some tugging on the light. the corner lens pops onto the body and is pretty tight. i stuck my fingers between it and the body on the outside, with my other hand on the headlight and tugged. be paitent and careful. once it finally pops off, then you can remove the corner lens from the headlight housing and start hacking away. good luck.

·
Registered
288 Posts
yea, don't keep screwing and unscrewing that LONG screw. That adjusts the angle of your headlights. I made the mistake of doing that and now my headlight adjustment is outta wack !! I fixed it somewhat, but it will probably never be the same unless i take it to the Infiniti dealership and have them re-adjust them perfectly. Good luck taking the headlight out, it's a biaaaaattch to take out. :x

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help, but what tools do you guys use to loosen that little that nut. And the one on the left seem impossible to get to with all that stuff surrouding it.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
i think i used a ratchet with an extension

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
A good tool when doing that would be to have a good rachet / socket "set", meaning long, short sockets of all sizes. Just keep trying and it will work. It takes some time and patience. Then when you least expect it, it'll become loose.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
So you're saying there are total of 4 screw to remove to get each headlight out (2 top, 1 near the connector, and 1 near the corner)?

Is it pretty simple to hack away that yellow stuff if you dont have a dremel?

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have the same problem as you with the front headlight... the rears were simple to take out but I need to borrow a rachet with I believe a #10 socket extendor to take out that third bolt in the headlight assembly .... I cleared out the yellow without a dremel!... It will take time let me tell you... I wish i had a dremel but i used a combination of a drill that was lying around for years and needle nose pliers... simply put a million holes into your yellow plastic and then hack away at it with the needle pliers and even your hands

make sure you drill the holes first and THEN unclip the yellow from the housing... one side will unclip by moving it to the side... the other needs to be unscrewed... I didn't know i had to take out that screw so i did a half ass job but in the end it was worth it!

Good luck

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yeah, to take the whole headlight off is a b*tch. I tried and tried and yet i failed. The healight got the best of me dawg. It's only one long screw and it is a b*tch to get to itself. I took the screw out and I still couldn't get da dam thing to budge. I tugged and tugged but then I didn't want to tug too hard and break my sh*t ya heard me. I don't know, I guess I'ma hav to be allright with my stock headlights. I could only change the headlight bulbs and thats it so good luck, cuz yull need it playa.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts