Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i know nothing about advanced timing. I read about people fixing the timing on their g20 and i go "oh yea that stuff, thats easy " but i know nothign!!!! lol can someone tell me what it is, how much it costs, whats the upside and downside and does it ruin factory warrenty

·
Registered
65 Posts
Stillen or JWT Ecu box

I have advanced an ignition timing on my car. I thought about just advancing IT; however, I was afraid to have hassles. So, I just changed the whole ECU box from stillen. In my opnion, the dearships wouldn't know that IT is advanced.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
green primera thanks for advice
what exactly is an ecu box..how much do they cost...what are the advantages and disadvantages? how much extra hp

·
Registered
65 Posts
How much is the cost?

The ECU box means the whole computer unit. JWT and Stillen sell it as a unit. The price is little expensive. Stillen unit costed me 695 dollers. You have to pay extra 500 dollars as a deposit fee. You have to use 92 octane rating or better all time. Don't expect to gain a lot of horsepower. Still tells that 8-10 % gain, but I believe that is a gain at certain rpm ranges. Hp gain on top peak is 2 or 3 degerees.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The corrction

I'm sorry about my statement. I don't think that stillen or JWT offers ECU box for 2002 G20. You can call JWT about it. No offence but I don't like service of stillen. There are a lot of different makers such as G-Force, JUN, Jet chip, or Superchip. Or you can get a APEXi Super AFC. If you can get J-Spec parts, there are Impul, Hasmei Motor sports, central 20, or buddy club.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Do not get JET, G-force or superchip's upgrades. They are crap. The japanese ones would probably be pretty good but expensive. JWT is your best bet. I'm not sure if Stillen just resells JWT ecus and marks them up a bit. Wouldn't suprise me. :-\

Apex-i AFC is a waste of money IMO. Let me qualify that. ...waste of money for the SR20DE. Also Green Primera is right about the 2002 ECU, 2000+ no ECU upgrade from JWT.

Seriously there is no point to upgrade the ECU on a stock or near stock car. At the very least you should have cams. You don't need an upgraded ECU to advance your timing either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts