Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, the G is around 80k, and there are some things that need to be replaced. i have almost no cash now, so i was thinking about taking a loan to have things done (and some extras ;) )

the clutch is slipping like a mother, and my shocks/springs are starting to squeak here and there. anyhow, what do you guys think of a 3-4k loan to cover all this?

$345 ACT street/strip clutch kit

$420 JUN lightweight flywheel

$180 GAB front adjustable shocks

$270 GAB rear adjustable shocks

$300 HKS super form sport springs

$215 Hotshot CAI

$475 Hotshot headers

$550 GReddy MX exhaust

those are rough estimate prices. that all comes to about 2700-2800 minus shipping, so im guessing i'll need about 4k to cover all labor and have some left over in case of emergency

if you guys know of where to get this stuff cheaper, please lemme know, AIM cad455

thanks

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Wow, sounds to me like you are doing a lil' bit more than minor repairs. You are going all out. Well if you wanna and can take out a loan go ffor it.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I know this will not be a popular reply...

But your G20 is only worth a little more than $4000. Even with all of your upgrades, you would be lucky to recover 25% of your investment. For the amount of money you are talking about you could go and buy another G20 like the one you have. I would suggest that you attempt to do the work yourself (with the exception of the clutch job). Buy yourself a manual and do the rest of the work yourself a little at a time. The clutch job is the only tough job on your list. You should be able to do the rest yourself. You'll be money ahead, even if you have to buy some additional tools.

John

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i know its about the value of the car, but im not gonna be one of those people looking for resale value later on, unless the car is complete.

anyhow, i figured i would be able to do the suspension and intake myself, but what about the headers? i dont have a way to lift the car that high

ive reconsidered doing all this at once, and think im just gonna save for stuff one by one, the clutch is the first in line, since its about to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts