Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. The starter was starting weaker than usual a couple times today, then all of a sudden it would barely crank at all so I got stuck. A few attempts later it would only click not even turn over.

I thought maybe the battery was going so i tried jumping it from another car: same reaction. Click. Nada.

Now after a few minutes I tried it again. This time i heard a chattering inside the dash im guessing in the cluster and my temp guage twitching hardcore. :scared: WTF??

The chattering is pretty loud and goes on for the duration of holding the key in start position (farthest position).

Could this be starter related? Or is this an electrical issue? Blow a fuse? (checked the obvious ones and nothing looks blown)

I have a new used starter in hand and am about to go replace it. But Im afraid that this time its something more serious.

EDIT: battery seems fine, as i can blast the radio, and lights and stuff turn on but now I notice that windows go up and down at half speed...?

Your thoughs??? Need input asap before I have to pay towing fee. :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
its an auto w/ 80k

someone plz chime in...

·
Former G20 Addict
3,429 Posts
Are you saying that the needle was bouncing back and forth? My RPM needle did this. I swapped clusters and it solved the problem.

Sounds like it's your starter to me. I'd replace it and be on your way.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sounds like a bad starter problem. The chattering may have been your relay under the steering column....replace the starter & see how it behaves afterwards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts