Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to see some p11's with rims please. I am looking into getting one and would like a visual on some nice ones. Any color is fine. I remember seeing a nice red one with white rims but I can't find that pic.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
That must have been atomic g's phat red g.

anyways, instead of us whoring this thread with pics, visit g20style.com and click on galleries up top. Then click on p11 Photo Gallery and enjoy all the g you can handle.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'd recommend getting suspension before you get wheels. Unless your current tires are toast and need replacing (as mine were), you'll probably be happier going this route. Otherwise, you'll put on some nice rims and tires but the wheel gap will make it look like crap (i know from experience).

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Cue-Ball said:
I'd recommend getting suspension before you get wheels. Unless your current tires are toast and need replacing (as mine were), you'll probably be happier going this route. Otherwise, you'll put on some nice rims and tires but the wheel gap will make it look like crap (i know from experience).
I second that. I would hate to waste $$$$ on new tires if the ones you have are still good. Im getting my new ones next week!!! Wooo...Hooo!!! Atomic, youre my Idol!!! :p All I need now is the suspension....so I wont have the nasty gap...Vegas be good to me....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah, i showed my brother pics of Atomic's G20 and i think he creamed his shorts. Now he wants a red P11 with white wheels. I think i've created a monster!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cue-Ball said:
What are talking about? I'm just looking for nice looking g20's. I don't even own one yet. I have seen many cars with rims that were not lowered. I am not fond of the stock rims. I am not lowering mine either, you give up too much comfort. :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
What am i talking about? I'm talking about the fact that putting 17" wheels on a car without lowering it doesn't look very good. Yes, the wheels look better, but the car as a whole looks odd. I speak from experience since i own a P11 w/17" wheels and stock suspension (for another week, at least). While the larger wheels look nicer than the stock ones, the optical illusion that the larger wheels create makes the wheel gap look larger and messes up the lines of the car.

And just because you lower your car doesn't mean that you give up any comfort. As long as you do it RIGHT you can lower the car and still have a decent ride and great handling. Doing it right means using springs and shocks that are designed for each other, or using coilovers. Cutting the stock springs or putting on shorter springs with the stock shocks will handle like crap and have a bad ride. But that's what happens when you MacGuyver something instead of doing it the right way.

Lowering the car *completely* changes the look, even with stock wheels. I wish that i had bought my suspension before i bought wheels and tires, but since my current tires were worn out, i didn't have much choice. Browse through this section of the forums and i'm sure you'll find several pics of P20's and P11's with wheels (some lowered, some not). I'm sure you'll notice the huge difference right away.

These are taken at very different angles, but you can still see the huge difference...

My car w/17's and stock suspension:
Grant's P11

Rob's car with the stock 15's and Intrax springs:
Rob's P11 w/Intrax

Both cars are 99's, both are black, and both pics were taken on the same day. Check out the huge looking wheel gap on my car. Especially on the front. Luckily, my car is black so it helps hide it a bit. Other colors make it more noticeable.

I can't wait to lower my car and get rid of that big gap.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Thanks for all the love guys! hehe..

I bought my wheels before suspension... I thought it looked good with the new rims.. but then after I got my suspension and looked at some older pictures of my 17's and stock setup, I was laughing at how ugly it looked ;).

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Cue-Ball said:
These are taken at very different angles, but you can still see the huge difference...

My car w/17's and stock suspension:
Grant's P11

Rob's car with the stock 15's and Intrax springs:
Rob's P11 w/Intrax
Good thing I didn't delete those pictures last night. Well not deleted, but moved. I am working on the website. Maybe it will be up tomarrow.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah, i was too lazy to host my own pics. =) Guess i'm just lucky that they were there when i linked them. Well, i've been meaing to update my web page. I guess i should do that sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey,

Just wanted to add my coments on Wheels and lowering? In the UK there is kindof a hidden law that says wheels first, then the rest.... A few times I have seen cars that have had body kits fitted and/or lowered without a decent set of rims on and they just get laughed at...... I say better to have a jacked up car on 17's that a lowered car on stock rims..... they look real small and very thin!!

I guess the answer is to have it all done at once but if your skint like me then go wheels first, it gives you a real good starting block to work up from

Just my opinion tho!!!

Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know how lowered cars ride. My 200sx was lowered with Eibach sportlines & performance struts. It handled very waesome but I could not take the bumps anymore. I ended up raising it back up. I just have to wait about 6 more monthes before I can buy a p-11. I can't wait. Thanks for the Pictures guys, they look sweet.

BTW do you guys have any paint prblems with your black cars? All SE-R guys with super black get really bad fading. Makes me leary of buying another black car. :bandit:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I don't have any problems with my paint fading (my car is black), but i do have a problem with rock chips. My hood looks like complete crap because of rock chips. It apparently doesn't take much to chip the paint on the G20. In addition, it is SUCH a chore to keep clean. I love the look of black cars, but damn is there a lot of upkeep. I now wish that my car had been white!

But, it's worth it i guess. I mean, everybody knows that black cars are the fastest. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts