Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright people
i'm about to get an airintake..i have the money now i need to chose a brand to some reasurance

My car isn't a fast car, it's adequate but not fast. I was wondering if by adding a cold air intake will actually make it feel faster and move noticably faster. Its the first step in my upgrade process and i want to make sure i'm doing the right thing cuz 200$ doesn't grow on trees u know. Anyway i was wondering what company should i buy my cold air intake from beacuse AM doesn't make any and hotshot invovles a smaller batter ors omething like that. Thanks for your time
nick

·
Registered
142 Posts
You will notice a difference after installing a CAI. Hotshot and Place Racing make CAI's that fit G20s. Both give you around 8-10 hp boost. You don't really need a smaller battery, the stock battery can be moved to the side to make room, or you could move it to the trunk. Try doing a search, theres lots more info in the post archives.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Place Racing and Hotshot do make intakes for the g20. However your car might be to new. I heard that the MAF size was different on some years. Not sure if I read correctly but it might not fit. Dont quote me just warning

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
I have to ask..

Has anyone here ever done an actual test (legit test) to prove there is a gain and not a loss doing this upgrade? ...I've heard from some folks that although it sounds really cool, it actually makes the car slower...

...so I'd like someone to prove that wrong with a real test (not the factory/sellers claims either!)

Anyone?:bandit:

·
Registered
146 Posts
There have been tons of tests on the dyno for the CAI and most see about 7-10 hp from it. Do a search at se-r.net and you will see all sorts of info on the performance gains.

·
Registered
146 Posts
We bothe share the exact same engine so why wouldn't it be true.

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
gdalton said:
We bothe share the exact same engine so why wouldn't it be true.

Engine performance I think you are referring to. Because times would be way off because of our weight so the hp to the crank/flywheel same but not to the Wheel horsepwer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts