Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well our 3rd child is on the way.

One child is not always with us, but he is 7 and comes up for visitation.

My other child is 2.

Both kids are HUGE for their age. I am talking 96th percentile for height and weight.

I don't think it is going to be pleasant (if doable for all 3 kids) based on experience.

Would like to keep it in the Infiniti family, but I am not the richest. Would like to stick with vehicles from the 90's and a nice cash price. Would like to keep it safe and pretty. Not so sure that I want to go SUV.

I30/Maxima come to mind. g20 could be used around town when my 2 local children are with me. The g20 would bear the brunt of the mileage, while the other vehicle wouldn't get alot of mileage.

Any thoughts.

Thank you.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True....maybe it is time to consider one.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I have a Durango with 3 seats.
I know what your thinking, gas mileage. :rolleyes: You would be surprised. I'm about 15 in the city and 22-25 on the freeway. It's an 02 with the 4.7 litre V8 so it's a small V8 but it pulls well if I'm towing something and it's drives well, feels like a car at times. I dont drive it very often but it is nice to have the room. My wife is adament that there will be no mini-vans in our driveway, we had a Suburban and decided this would be a little better. We took a road trip from Spokane to LA for Thanksgiving 05 and our gass bill was $500 so not too bad.

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
My wife and I just had our first child (10 weeks!) and already I'm feeling the pinch. I would hate to get out of my G20, but, if I do, I'm looking into an Xterra. I like it for the many of the same reasons I love my G20. Simplicity. Not over done, and pretty reliable. Maybe something to consider... :)

·
Registered
978 Posts
1997/8 toyota 4runner

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Mazda5. They are fairly new though, so it would be hard to find a cheap one, but if you are considering the QX4...

·
Registered
593 Posts
3 kids...bite the bullet and get a minivan--it would be your best move!

the minivan would make things so mucha easier and still ahve the comfort of a car feel but with the extra needed room

i would look in sienna's and odyssey's but watch out with the odyssey's as some have had numerous tranny issues, the dealer does warranty them up to a 100k miles but then it can get serious as a tranny service done at honda can be $2500+

if you go even older, the Previa should be your only choice. its a space-wagon but wouldnt give you any headaches as it is reliable and so are the older odyssey's as well

i would recommened the quest--but they have shared parts with ford and anything american is str8 up trash!

·
Still learning :D
2,233 Posts
^^^ My pops has a 96 Quest, and that thing has been nothing but reliable. Runs SUPER smooth, but does lack a bit in power with only the VG30. VG30, right? The paint is peeling like a mother F$&^ though. But, that's because we park it under a cherry tree and the acidic goo from birds kinda ate it away... He bought it used a few years back for waaaaaay cheaper than another Odessey. We had the stoopid 4-door, 95 Odessey. It was a POS that kept falling apart. But, the paint stayed intact :)

The Max isn't that much bigger than the G, but it does pull a lot harder. Fitting two kids and a car seat in the back isn't bad. They'll have enough space to move around, but three kids in the back is cramped.

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
If you're gonna go mini-van, you might as well go full sized SUV. I'm with your wife, no mini-van will ever be in my posession. :p

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
I'd much rather have a Mazda5, or even a Kia Sedona or Honda Odyssey, than any full-size SUV currently on the market.

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
Kia Sedona over a Chevy Tahoe? :zoinks:

Course, I'm typing from my home in Denver, where I just passed Mini Van after Mini Van stuck in the snow (getting hit with our 2nd blizzard in 1 week) as I cruised by in my SUV. :smile:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
2000+ Nissan Pathfinder, 2000+ Infiniti QX4, or for something newer styled a 2003+ Nissan Murano. Maybe a Supercharged 2002 Nissan Xterra, a friend of mine has one but it is not for me...

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
G-ealousy said:

Course, I'm typing from my home in Denver, where I just passed Mini Van after Mini Van stuck in the snow (getting hit with our 2nd blizzard in 1 week) as I cruised by in my SUV. :smile:
Ha-Ha, does your wifey roll her eyes and get annoyed because you go drifting around every corner? We get snow and get in the Durango and Stacey says "here we go again" :p

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
G-ealousy said:

Minivans are just as big as a full-sized SUV, but get better fuel economy and are safer. The best ones are also generally more reliable -- the Nissan Armada has abysmal reliability, and the Tahoe and Expedition are only "average." Honda, Toyota and Kia minivans are quite reliable. And if you want an AWD one, get the Toyota Sienna.

I would not buy a minivan myself because I need a manual transmission, but they make more sense in general than SUVs.

·
Registered
593 Posts
3 kids...trust me you'll regret not having a 3rd row of seats if you get anything else

i see my cousin go thru this all the time with her husband--they have 3 kids always crmaped in the back of a avalon mind you, but his dumb-ass of never driving a mini-van is just ridiculous--kids are always cramped and getting them in/out is always troublesome--they are always upset and worked out after puttin them in---its a hassle

1 - 20 of 43 Posts