Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know the spec on on two types of injectors, first the standard SR20DE, cc's and ohms? and secondly the GTiR injectors, cc's and ohms?

Can anybody help? im wanting to buy Blues 370cc injectors and need to know how they compare to the above.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
P11GT said:
I need to know the spec on on two types of injectors, first the standard SR20DE, cc's and ohms? and secondly the GTiR injectors, cc's and ohms?

Can anybody help? im wanting to buy Blues 370cc injectors and need to know how they compare to the above.
The stock injectors are 259cc. Don't know the ohms.

The 370cc injectors are compatable with the 259cc injectors. Don't know the ohms though.

The GTi-R injectors are something like 440cc and are not directly compatable. You must install ballast resistors to use them. Don't ask me more than that though. It's all I know.

http://www.sr20deforum.com should have some folks who can give you all the info you need.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Geo, from what ive read on SR20DEForum, the 370cc injectors can handle upto around 230 WHP which is enough for me i think. At least i now know what the CC's are for the GTiR. From what i can gather, our injectors are 10-12 ohms and the GTiR are 1-3ohms so youre right about the resistor bit, cos ive been there before, but i dont know what rating to use at the mo. Im gonna find out, see if i can get them, cos it may be easier to get the GTiR injectors locally instead of 'across the pond'

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
The other thing with the 370cc injectors is they can now run w/ the 4 bar program to obtain more hp. Or... go with a set of aftermarket injectors like the MSD 50lb injectors and custom fuel rail to run more boost than the 370cc injectors allow. www.ftfmotorsports.com is one place that carries these parts. Oh yeah, with the 50lb injectors you'll need clips too, but ftf carries them too.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
What's the limit of the 370cc's with the 4bar program?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
from what i've heard they peak right around the ~280whp mark. Some people say higher, but i heard that number from a source I trust.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
JustinP10 said:
from what i've heard they peak right around the ~280whp mark. Some people say higher, but i heard that number from a source I trust.
That's plenty for what I was looking for (250ish whp). Cool I don't need to get 50lbs/fuel rail now. Sweet!

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
G-Forces said:

That's plenty for what I was looking for (250ish whp). Cool I don't need to get 50lbs/fuel rail now. Sweet!

Yeah, I think the 250whp goal is a very popular one, that's what i'm hoping for when i piece together a setup. Maybe up to 275ish whp, most importantly I want a reliable daily driven 13 second car, preferrably a 13 second car on street tires. That'd be very cool, although probably not too practical considering the weight of a G20, oh well. I can always dream can't I? :monkey:

·
Registered
424 Posts
G-Forces said:

J, you mean you didn't know this? Hahahehae.....
But keep in mind that if you're running the 4 bar 370cc with bored MAF, you need an adjustable fuel regulator.

Someone also mentioned to me that the T-28 is not as reliable as the T3, is this the sale pitch if I am going for daily 260whp?

Justin, someone on the SR20DEForum runs a T-28, 4 bar 370cc with bored MAF and gets around 320 whp. Reliability becomes an issue at that figure.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Yeah, but that's one person. What I want to avoid is telling someone they can get X amount of power out of something when that's what one person has been able to put down. I would hate for someone to try and reach a number I said and then blow up their car trying.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Jason asked what is the limit with the 4 bar 370cc program, he didn't ask what's the RELIABLE limit :lol:

So the most achievable limit is 320 whp, but the most reliable limit is 280 whp. :-\

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
G-loads said:

J, you mean you didn't know this? Hahahehae.....
But keep in mind that if you're running the 4 bar 370cc with bored MAF, you need an adjustable fuel regulator.
Hey it's a relativly new thing. :p I know I'd need a new regulator but it's cheaper than new 50lbs and a fuel rail. :D

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Okay, so I just hit the calculators, and to cut through the BS,
  • A 370cc/m injector at 3bar is also a 430cc/m injector at 4bar.
  • 430cc/m can also be stated as 41lb/hr.
  • A 430cc/m injector with a BSFC of 0.50 at 90% duty cycle supports ~295 CHP.
The BFSC is aggressive, but not the duty cycle, as the Nissan injectors I've seen tend to go static shortly after that; Bad Thing (tm). Figure on 20-25 HP of drivetrain loss (ballparking), and the safe maximum WHP number drops to more like 270-275. If you can get 95% D/C out of those poor bastards, you may be looking at 310 at the crank, but I wouldn't expect the injectors to live long.

Then again, I'm a total monkey. I think the guy with the 370s at 320 HP is running a standalone management system, and his BSFCs are probably through the floor; not my idea of fun. With a T28 and manifold from an 'R, a bored MAF, and either a JWT or custom computer to run the 370s at 4b, 250 should be absolutely no sweat.

·
Registered
97 Posts
A local guy with a stock DET + exhaust and FMIC in an S13 put down 250HP to the wheels at a safe AF ratio, so it can be done. Of course he was using the real JDM S13 ECU and not a US hack job. Seems to me that the real JDM turbo ECU's can get a bit more out of the injectors than the US modified stuff. I'm not sure why, though.

Generally speaking, you don't want to go above 80% duty cycle on an injector, and above 90 PSI of rail pressure (total). And remember on race gas the car can be run much more lean than pump gas. As an example, in my DSM, I have 660cc injectors running at 55 PSI base as opposed to 45 PSI. On pump gas I run 20 PSI of boost, and when I go to the track I trun 30 PSI. When I run C16, I have to *remove* 10% of the fuel across the board, even going up 10 PSI of boost pressure. Race gas rules. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts